Makeup with Anti-Acne Ingredients


makeup with anti-acne ingredients morena filipina beauty blog
Photo Credit: freepik.com
When I was suffering from a grave breakout, one of the best things I did for my skin was I used makeup products with anti-acne ingredients. Old advice would tell acne sufferers to skip makeup completely until the problem subsides, but you can't just go bare- faced to a big meeting, can't you? Instead, I decided to stick with makeup that has known anti-acne ingredients and actual anti- acne actives that would treat my skin 'round the clock, offset problems that may arise during makeup wear, and support the skin care that I use pre-makeup.

On top of my head, here are the products with anti-acne actives and benefits; I have tried most of these!



makeup with anti-acne ingredients morena filipina beauty blog
Photo credit: itcosmetics.com
1. IT COSMETICS BYE BYE BREAKOUT

- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout became famous instantly right after launch because it's a saving grace for acne sufferers: it is formulated for oily/blemish- prone skin, has actives that fight off zits and prevents future breakouts, and yields full coverage to conceal marks that healed zits left behind. I was supposed to get this during my US vacation, but unluckily, the shade that suited me was out of stock.

makeup with anti-acne ingredients morena filipina beauty blog
Photo Credit: elfcosmetics.com
2. ELF BLEMISH CONTROL FACE PRIMER

- This one, I have and I love it! This primer is formulated with 2% salicylic acid, vitamin e, and Tea Tree extracts that fight or prevent blemish. It has a matte finish and what I love about it is the high acid formula doesn't interfere with makeup.

makeup with anti-acne ingredients morena filipina beauty blog

- It's not exactly dubbed as a foundation with anti-acne actives, but the clay ingredient helps control oil and prevent build- up that may lead to clogging and breakouts. According to an article by Style Craze, this foundation is a favorite among acne- prone skin types!
makeup with anti-acne ingredients morena filipina beauty blog
Photo credit: thebodyshop.com
4. THE BODY SHOP MATTE CLAY FULL COVERAGE CONCEALER

- Matte Clay is The Body Shop's makeup range made for oily and acne- prone skin; the products contain Tea Tree Oil. I loved using this concealer as a base for heavier, more full coverage concealers on bad days and on its own on pretty good days when I was dealing with a breakout because it has Tea Tree Oil that has great anti-bacterial properties.

Which of these products have you tried already? What are your recommended makeup products with anti-acne ingredients

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. As someone who has ultra acne prone skin, this is sooooo helpful! I hope more local brands will follow in these brand's footsteps. I also hope affordable international drugstore brands will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything yet but would like to give IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout a try if given a chance. 💖

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)