Milani Make It Last Setting Spray: Is it really good?

Milani Make It Last Setting Spray.

PRICE: 9.99USD (Approximately P500+)
FROM: Walmart, San Diego, California, USA
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available through local online makeup resellers; milanicosmetics.com

Milani Make It Last setting spray morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

I was literally in Milani heaven when I set foot in Walmart in San Diego, the very first mall we went to on the day of our arrival. Large, sprawling displays of Milani sparkled like diamond to my eyes; I spent some time combing through their display because I loved Milani the moment I tried their Conceal and Perfect Foundation.

The first products I looked for were Conceal and Perfect concealer, Stay Put Brow Color, and this: Milani Make It Last Setting Spray.

Is this really as good as reviews claim? Let's find out.



Milani Make It Last Setting Spray is one of the brand's most popular products. This setting spray promises to keep makeup matte and intact for up to 16 hours. Milani is cruelty- free.

Milani Make It Last setting spray morena filipina beauty blog
Ingredients
The product has a toner- like quality; it doesn't necessarily feel like water on the skin. It has a light floral fragrance. It doesn't feel sticky on the skin and the fragrance goes away after a couple of seconds. However, if you are sensitive to fragrance, this is something to consider before purchasing.

Reading the label, I was confused in the beginning because the product said PRIME + CORRECT + SET. I get how this product can be used to prime and set, but correct? Maybe they mean correcting the flat matte finish of makeup by acting like a fixing spray? That's just my guess!

Anyway, here are the ways I use this makeup:

1. As a spray primer
2. As a fixing spray
3. As a setting spray

The second and third steps actually come together because it's the same product and they come right after the other.

As for the 16 hour wear, I find that my makeup on the normal parts of my face stay intact with very minimal decrease in intensity. Overall, makeup stays intact for up to 50% by the end of the day. However, it doesn't control oil that well; my T-zone would oil up and makeup would run off after just 4 hours of wear; this is the standard for me when I'm wearing long- lasting makeup and sans setting spray. I thought this spray is supposed to make makeup last for 16 hours?

There's a good side and bad side to this product: The good side is overall, makeup intensity looks okay after a full day of wear. The bad side is oil control is not great. I hate having a slick face that's why I make setting sprays a part of my daily routine; unfortunately, oil control is not that great.

That said, Milani Make It Last Setting Spray is good for those with normal and dry skin because it doesn't feel drying on the skin. For oily skin, maybe those with lightly oily skin will love this product or if you're living in a place that doesn't exacerbate oiliness.

Have you tried this product already? Did it work for you?

MILANI MAKE IT LAST SETTING SPRAY RATING

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. I've only tried their foundation and that too is not for oily skin. Hulas is real for oily skin with Milani

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)