Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer: Not your ordinary moisturizers

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review, price

PRICE: Gel- Around P1,400+; Stick- P1,440
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at sephora.ph; pixibeauty.co.uk

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
THE VERDICT:

Pixi is slowly becoming one of the best skin care brands of this generation; not bad for a brand that has had its start in the 90's and you'd think that a brand with 'simple, timeless, effective' products wouldn't last in an industry that's all about what's trending and cool, but they did. And Pixi is gaining global traction.

I've experienced how great Pixi is through the Glow Tonic range. I've read a couple of articles about the founder herself, Petra, and she's really the type who's meticulous with what goes into the products she formulates and only offers what she's personally tried and swear by. Also, she prefers what works over what's cool and it's all reflecting in the products she is making. 


Two things I've learned here: 1. Formulas and products that work will always be cool. 2. Persistence pays off.

My skin care is about 70% Pixi right now and recently, I have been trying two moisturizers that are bit out of the ordinary: Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On-The-Glow Moisture Stick. They're out of the ordinary because they're not just all about hydrating and moisturizing the skin, and offering the usual benefits that you'll get from a moisturizer like anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and the likes; pHenomenal Gel is a moisturizer that balances your skin's pH level and On-The-Glow is a multi- use moisturizer for the eyes, lips, skin, and even hair with a safe dose of Glycolic Acid to keep skin and hair eternally youthful, soft, and smooth.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
Pixi pHenomenal Gel is a neutralizing moisturizer with Horse Chestnut extract and Cucumber extract to hydrate and soothe the skin.

Pixi On-The-Glow Moisture Stick is a solid moisturizer with Glycolic Acid to promote mild exfoliation to reveal soft, healthy skin and Vitamin D2 to increase moisture level.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
On-The-Glow Moisture Stick Ingredients
The stick contains Glycolic Acid, which helps soften the skin and make it more receptive to skin care, and according to what I have read, it is an extension of the Glow Tonic range, Pixi's most popular skin care range. Aside from Glycolic, there are other gentle acids as well that help soften and smooth the skin.

Vitamin D2 or Ergocalciferol, is beneficial to aging skin because it helps improve moisture level in the skin and provides antioxidant benefits as well.

Aside from these main ingredients, the formula also has Ginseng that is known to energize dull skin.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
The stick is definitely travel- friendly, but I noticed that the other side seemed to have stuck on the wall of the tube and it left dents on the top portion of the stick. The stick is firm, but I don't think it can withstand extreme temperature so don't leave in hot areas. Otherwise, it will melt.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
The stick has a peach tone to it perhaps due to Glycolic Acid, but it doesn't impart any peach tone to the skin. The stick activates upon skin contact and it has a slightly oily finish; it's like you are applying solid facial oil, but it's not greasy. That said, I do not put a lot; a little goes a long way and good thing it doesn't feel that heavy on the skin, plus it's pretty makeup- friendly provided that I do not use a lot. Product is unscented and no stings even if it has acid in the ingredients.

On-The-Glow Stick is moisturizing, but not slick and wet; it's great for those who don't like goopy, wet moisturizers. What's great is it can also be applied on the lips, hair, brows, and even on dry skin spots such as the knees and elbows. This is such a multi-tasker. The moisture it gives lasts the whole day plus I noticed that my skin is feeling and looking smoother by the day, and my post- acne marks are healing faster too; take note though that I also use other acid- based products from the Glow Tonic range, not only this one.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
Pixi pHenomenal Gel ingredients
Pixi pHenomenal Gel contains Horse Chestnut Extract, which is great for all day hydration; it also contains a bevy of hydrating ingredients such as Betaine and Glycereth, plus Cucumber.

The tube packaging has just a too wide opening and I sometimes end up getting more than I need so heads up guys; better open the tube while holding it upside down so the product won't spill or squirt from the tube.

Pixi pHenomenal Gel and On The Glow Moisturizer review morena filipina skin care blog
pHenomenal Gel is a slightly thicker than an average gel moisturizer; it's a little goopy, but feels light as long as you control the amount you put on your skin; that said, I think this can also be a night cream substitute because of its opaque, emollient formula. It is unscented.

The gel said that it's supposed to maintain and restore the skin's pH balance so I put some on after cleansing my skin to immediately restore balance; whenever my skin is feeling significantly dry or just plain weird, I put this on as well and my face feels great again. There's really no way to test if this moisturizer is actually restoring or maintaining the skin's natural pH level unless you have pH testing strips or a device that actually says "Honey, yo' skin's balanced, thanks to this moisturizer so why not try applying it on your life too LOL!", but all I can say is when I started using this moisturizer on its own and sometimes, with other moisturizers, I've been having less and less dry spells on some parts of my face and overall, it looks balanced and well- moisturized. I also trust that this is indeed a pH- balanced moisturizer because EU FDA standards are one of the strictest in the world.

So yeah, I love these moisturizers; I use both on rotation: pHenomenal gel on most days to balance my skin and for general moisture needs and On-The-Glow for travel and on days when I want to amp up my skin's turnover process.

Have you tried these products already? What are your thoughts?

PIXI PHENOMENAL GEL AND ON-THE-GLOW MOISTURIZER RATING

Please visit PIXI BEAUTY on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. You glow girl! If i could just afford will buy pixi too..they are good as what i always heard of..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms. Martha for sharing this one. honestly naririnig ko na din po yang brand na yan and I am surely it is effective know it from you. I'll share this thoughts also to my friends who were asking me about this product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the pixi phenomenal gel sounds interesting

    Ig: hnhfua

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! glowing moisturizer! interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)