FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: How I Choose and Shop My Christmas Gifts


Happy Friday, Beshies! I heard that there's a typhoon coming next week? Please stay safe by then! Hopefully it won't turn out to be a super typhoon!

Anyway, since the holidays are already here, let's talk about shopping. Here's a question from Stella:

Dear Martha,
Just curious, how do you decide which Christmas gifts you will get for yourself?
Stella

Hello Stella!

Thanks for the question; it's a very interesting one indeed.

I always plan my Christmas gifts in advance. At the start of the each year, I already think about what items I'd like to get for myself for the year; although I still leave room for spontaneity, most of the time, I already have a list of things that I'd like to get for myself for the year, and I split it between my birthday and Christmas.



This is my thinking process because almost all of my preferred gifts are high ticket items: a shopping spree, travel, luxury handbag, and gadgets. I give myself the entire year to save up for them.

I used to be a frequent shopper until I realized that I'm only trying to fill my desire for the items that I really want, which are luxury items so I decided to get rid of my frequent shopping habits and save my money for bigger items instead.  I may seem like I shop A LOT, but I only do it twice a year unless I really, really have to, like my shoes have split into two or something like that LOL. :)

Hope this insight has helped you in any way. :)

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, fragrance, career, blogging, relationships, marriage, fitness, or anything under the sun? Email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, send me a message via Contact Form, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. meron po madam huhu, super typhoon tlga sya, and kami unang tatamaan, Catanduanes hay, we'll have a lonely christmas po :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup saving for big ticket items is cool rather than getting just random ones. Finished paying off for a smartphone I got a few months ago and it's worth it. I got it as a gift for myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)