FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: My favorite travel destinations + suggested pocket money


All of my friends seem to be out of the country right now; they're either in Japan or Hong Kong! I can't wait to travel again, but since I'm sick right now, no can do, plus I am saving up for my upcoming Japan birthday trip, but this time, with the husband!

Today's FMF is so timely because it's all about travel! Our question today is from Hazel:

Hi Ms. Martha,
For about two years now, I've been saving up for travel, although I don't know what destination it will be yet. I think I have enough money now for a trip around Asia, but who knows? I might delay for another year and push for a trip either to the Western Hemisphere or down under.
Can you share your favorite travel destinations and why? Thanks in advance for the recos!
Hazel
Hi Hazel!

Lovely question! I miss traveling right now, but I have to adult and attend to the business and replenish my funds at the same time. :D

Anyway, regarding your question, my criteria for a certain travel destination to be my favorite is:

1. There's ample, beautiful city and nature spots for me to visit
2. Shopping culture is world- class (I love shopping!)
3. I went back to that destination at least twice or at least I'm planning to return

So these are the destinations that met my criteria! I have also included a ballpark pocket money for each destination!



1. JAPAN
Suggested Pocket Money: P30,000-P50,000 (5 days- 1 week travel)

- I love, love, love Japan because their transportation system is what I wish for the Philippines to have; it's so convenient, efficient, and fast. Also, the people are very respectful and helpful that I feel safe even if I'm traveling alone. Finally, their beauty retail scene is stuff that's made of dreams; it's so diverse, huge, and it is no secret that Japanese beauty brands are some of the best in the world!

2. BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
Suggested Pocket Money- P40,000-P60,000 (1 week travel)

- Brisbane is the more chill side of Australia compared to Melbourne and Sydney; I'd love to go back here because I want to stay longer in Noosa, a popular beach town in the region. Noosa is sooo beautiful!

3. ARIZONA
Suggested Pocket Money- P100,000- P150,000 (2-week US travel, around 3 destinations)

- Funny enough, I loved Arizona even if I just visited it for a day. The wild west feel appealed so much to me. I visited what may be considered the provincial part of Arizona, which is Kingsman, where the Grand Canyon can be found, but I'd love to visit the capital, Phoenix, one day. I also want to visit the Grand Canyon again and do the hiking tours!

4. LOS ANGELES
Suggested Pocket Money- P100,000-P150,000 (2-week travel, around 3 destinations)

- Lively, colorful Los Angeles is my most favorite destination in the USA to date. The best art, shopping, dining, and culture elements converge here in LA and it's a dream destination for a Hollywood fan like me!

5. MELBOURNE
Suggested Pocket Money- P50,000-P70,000 (1 week travel)

- My most favorite destination in Australia is Melbourne. AMAZING FOOD, great scenery, lots of warm people from various cultures, and it's near a lot of scenic destinations such as the Great Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles.

6. HONG KONG
Suggested Pocket Money- P15,000-P30,000 (5 days to 1 week travel)

- One word: SHOPPING!

P.S. My heart goes to Hong Kong. I am fervently praying that peace and reconciliation comes to the city and its people soon.

7. SIQUIJOR
Suggested Pocket Money- P5,000-P10,000 (4-6 days travel)

- Little island, big on wonders. I'd love to go back to Siquijor because it is brimming with wonderful sites such as the Cambugahay falls, Tubod Marine Sanctuary, and Salagdoong beach, plus I appreciate how quiet and peaceful the place is compared to, say, Boracay. Siquijor is really a place where I can tune back to myself and be one with nature.

That's all and I hope you enjoyed this!

Piece of advice, if you don't mind: best to have a goal destination in mind so you can prepare the right amount of funds, plus it gets you more excited and eager to save, plan, and make it happen. :)

P.S. For the suggested pocket money, these are based on my spending behaviour and includes emergency money ranging between P15,000-20,000.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, skin care, fitness, career, blogging, relationships, travel, fashion, or anything under the sun? Email me at martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com, message me via contact form, or shoot me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Great places! ako nag iipon pa lng pero pang pamilya na hahahah, gusto ko mgtravel kasama kids and actually makapag ibang bansa lng oks nako dun bsta kasama pamilya ko, bonggang vacation na yan! gusto ko mapuntahan australia din and my dream country, London! 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit Japan someday, seeing the cherry blossom trees is one of my dreams ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)