Luxury Handbag Buying Tips for First Timers + Youtube Video


Luxury Handbag Buying Tips for First Timers Youtube Video morena filipina fashion blog
Hola! Just uploaded a fresh GIRL'S GUIDE video on my Youtube channel. This episode is all about style and in here, I'll share with you important tips and considerations when buying your first- ever luxury handbag.


I've blogged about this in the past (click HERE for the blog post); that one was all about reviews of the bag brands that I own to demonstrate the pros and cons for first- time luxury handbag buyers; this new one is all about my tips and realizations!

What are the important tips and considerations when buying your very first luxury handbag?

1. DETERMINE THE STYLE YOU LIKE

- The very first step for me. For some, it's the price, but I realized, what really matters is that the bag is something that you really, really like regardless of the price. Buying luxury handbags for me is a 'go big or go home' kind of thing because at the end of the day, you'll end up spending a sizeable amount anyway so might as well go for a bag that you will love and end up using many times over.

2. SET YOUR BUDGET

- Of course, price is still a consideration. It's still best to have a budget, but give a bit of leeway to what you're willing to spend in order for you to afford the bag that you really, really like (we circle back to number 1). If you find that you still can't afford the bag that you love, give yourself a bit more time to save; this is not a race.

3. HAVE OPTIONS

- Or if the price of the bag that you love is way out of reach, then have options. For example, you want a black bag; list down five candidates from the most expensive to the actual one that you can afford; this way, you won't feel so bad if you don't get the bag of your dreams.

4. CONSIDER YOUR LIFESTYLE WHEN BUYING A BAG

- You have to think whether the bag you will buy fits your lifestyle or not; you don't want to end up with a bag that you're babying or a bag that you realize you can't use just because it doesn't fit your lifestyle.

5. BUY FROM AUTHORIZED BOUTIQUES AND TRUSTED ONLINE RESELLERS

- This is non- negotiable. Do not support fakes and fakes can get you into trouble like when you step into a country that imposes strict sanctions on people who bring in counterfeit goods. You can also take advantage of lifetime services and repairs when you buy from boutiques.

6. RESELLERS AREN'T ALWAYS AFFORDABLE

- Resellers are still dependent on boutique stocks and they have no choice but to raise their prices in case the boutique decided to hike theirs and sometimes, they end up more expensive than the actual boutiques.

7. THE POPULAR BAGS ARE ALWAYS THE EASIEST TO SELL

- Whenever I buy luxury bags, I treat it like business: 1. ) I make sure they will be able to hold their market value for quite a while 2.) They're so popular that I can sell them easily in case I decide to.

I've explained these in detail, shared some of my experience, and also I shared a bit about my handbag collection in the video! Enjoy!


I hope you liked this video! Do share your tips for luxury handbag first time buyers! :)

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Done watching miss martha .. thanks for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will recommend this to my sister! shes a nurse in UK! and she loves bags!great tips madam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best tips that i read...i love your bags Ms. Martha..Sana all...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)