Revlon Colorstay Foundation: Everybody's Trusty long- wearing matte foundation!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation review, price, swatch


PRICE: P825
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: available in all leading department stores, drugstores, and supermarkets

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

Revlon Colorstay Foundation is one of the names that people will recommend in a heartbeat when you go ask for an affordable, long- wearing, matte foundation recommendation; it's pretty much a household name even before the age of social media and I'm glad that through the Internet, more and more people are learning about this great product. 

Such a shame that I have no review of this even if I've been using it since 2009! Good thing Revlon sent me some shades so here's my review and reasons why you should consider Revlon Colorstay Foundation if you have combination oily/normal skin or even semi-dry skin!


The legend. Dubbed as America's #1 long- wearing foundation. Revlon Colorstay Foundation is a soft matte foundation with a smooth finish and up to 24 hours staying power; it's recommended for combination oily/normal skin types and even semi- dry and normal skin, has SPF 15, and comes in 32 shades.

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
Photo credit: buymebeauty.com
Just a fun chart showing Revlon's packaging evolution throughout the years.

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
Photo credit: revlon.com
Revlon Colorstay's latest packaging. We don't have this in the Philippines yet, but hopefully, this new packaging will roll out.

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
These are the shades that I have received in the mail. Consistency is like emulsion, coverage is medium to full, but manages to stay lightweight on the skin, and it's very easy to spread. It can cover mild to moderate acne marks and redness. Formula is unscented. My only issue is the shade selection is too light; Revlon has 32 shades abroad and I hope that the local team will include warmer shades.

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
Bare skin

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
With two layers of Revlon Colorstay Foundation
I use two layers to get full coverage and I'm happy to report that the product is lightweight, doesn't look cakey, and is easy to even out, thanks to its emulsion- like consistency. Finish is soft matte and nice overall.

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
Closer look at the coverage. I love how natural- looking and smooth it looks! I'm wearing 330 Natural Tan, which I believe is the darkest shade available locally, and it was a tad bit fair for my skin tone upon application, but it eventually oxidized for a little bit. That said, choose a shade lighter if you have very acidic skin.

TBJ TIP: Use a stippling brush for a more natural- looking coverage

Revlon Colorstay foundation review morena filipina beauty blog
Love the smooth finish of this foundation and its easy to use formula overall. Staying power is amazing, no question about that! 10 hours after and my face still looked okay and my t-zone just had a bit of oil and I only had to blot the area.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation is indeed one of the best, affordable, long- lasting face products out there; it has perfected what a matte foundation should be and that is long- lasting, lightweight, easy to use, controls oil, but looks natural--all at a very affordable price point. I highly recommend this to those with oily skin, combination skin, and even dry skin because of the soft matte formula and finish; for those with dry skin, just moisturize the skin well before application and you're good to go!

Have you tried this legendary foundation already? What are your thoughts?

REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION RATING

Please visit REVLON PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Bought this on sale. This is really my Holy Grail. I love how I can easily use my fingertips to apply this one. Does not leave any tacky feeling and the coverage is really really nice. I really love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. nakagamit na din ako ng revlon, maganda yan, dyan ka pwd mgtrust for a long time hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried this brand yet but I have been hearing and reading a lot of good reviews. I will probably buy me a bottle soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this about 3 years ago! I finished an entire bottle and it's pretty good! The only reason why I didn't repurchase is because of the shade range. :( I couldn't find the perfect shade from the selection.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)