MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review: Best MAC concealer to date?

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr Smooth Wear Concealer in NC40 review, price, demo


PRICE: Around P1,400
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all MAC boutiques

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

My final Christmas gift for myself was a MAC face haul featuring Studio Fix Powder, Studio Fix liquid foundation, and Studio Fix 24-Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer. I initially wanted to get the classic Studio Fix Concealer, the cream one in the pot, but I remembered how it took me forever to use so I passed on that one; the SA offered me instead this new concealer. Since I'm into liquid concealer formulas nowadays, I decided to give it a shot!

Could this be MAC's best concealer formula to date?



MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
Ingredients
MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer, according to the official website, is a lightweight, fluid concealer that promises all- day comfortable wear, medium to full coverage, and a natural matte finish. It comes in 34 shades; locally, I believe we have less than half of the entire shade selection.

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
Here's the applicator. It's a medium- sized doe foot applicator that comfortably suits my lids and under eye area. The concealer tube is made from plastic as well; I actually like this than the glass packaging they have used on MAC Prolongwear Concealer because it's much more travel- friendly and less risk.

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
The concealer has a light creamy texture; creamy enough to conceal yet light enough to be spread easily and efficiently.

The shade I got is NC40, which is a tad bit lighter than the NC40 of Studio Fix Liquid Foundation. If you are in the NC40-NC42 shade range, this is the best shade for you. I like that it is heavy on the yellow undertone, which makes it pretty universal, however, I noticed that it kinda' oxidizes so take note of this, acidic skin types.

Let's put it to the test:

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
Bare under eye

MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Smooth Wear Concealer NC40 review morena filipina beauty blog
One layer of MAC Studio Fix 24 Hr. Concealer
The concealer is very easy to spread and I like the smooth look it gives; it's creamy, pigmented, yet looks pretty natural. Finish is semi- matte and can be a bit drying so if you have dry under eyes to begin with, you must use an eye cream prior application.

I like the overall finish of this concealer: it looks very natural but effectively covers hyperpigmentation and has a slight blurring effect as well, giving this smooth look.

Staying power is pretty great: it does not crease nor settle into fine lines; I use this to my workouts too! I also use this to conceal facial discolorations.

Overall, the quality of this concealer is great: it has the trifecta of what a great concealer is for me: great pigmentation, great staying power, and beautiful finish.

If you're looking for a Studio Fix Concealer that is best for the under eyes and can be used on the complexion as well, try this. The classic Studio Fix Concealer is just too hard and dragging for the under eyes.

And you know what? I think this is MAC's best concealer yet!

Have you tried this concealer already? What are your thoughts?

MAC STUDIO FIX 24 HR. SMOOTH WEAR CONCEALER NC40 RATING

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I love the fact that it does not crease. Thanks for this review Miss Martha. 👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. ganda talaga ng quality ng mac... dream ko yan... soon magkakaroon din ako ng mga mac powder/liquid... ��

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)