Revlon Colorstay Endless Glow Liquid Highlighter review

Revlon Colorstay Endless Glow Liquid Highlighter review, price, demo


PRICE: Around P700+
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in leading department stores, drugstores, supermarkets; Lazada Lazmall

THE VERDICT:

I rearranged my makeup collection a few days ago; just a quick check of which products I have yet to use, to dispose, to donate, and I have no idea I own!

Revlon Colorstay Endless Glow belongs to the first category; been a while since I used highlighter, a month to be exact because of the quarantine!

So what's the buzz about Revlon's newest member of the Colorstay family?


Revlon Colorstay Endless Glow is a creamy highlighter with pearly, prismatic shimmer particles that play up your high points and facial structures; it comes in 5 jewel- inspired shades and formula promises to stay put for hours with the signature Colorstay formula.

There are 5 shades available:

Topaz- for medium warm skin tone
Rose Quartz- for warm/deep skin tone
Gold- for medium skin tone
Citrine- for light skin tone
Opal- for fair skin tone

The product comes in a cylindrical acrylic bottle that's a bit chunky yet pocketable overall; feels break- proof as well. The applicator has a chunky paddle shape, which I think is a bit too big in my opinion; I end up getting too much product and I think it's a bit unhygienic as it's covering more areas than it should, thus possibly picking up more dead skin, sebum, and dirt that I end up putting back into the tube.

TBJ TIP: If you don't like using the chunky applicator, take a makeup spatula, scoop a little from the applicator or apply directly on a clean makeup mixing plate, and apply gradually on your skin.

The liquid highlighter isn't liquid at all; it has a soft creamy mousse- like consistency; it is virtually unscented, and has medium to heavy pigmentation.

Opal on my cheek bones
On bare skin, texture is blendable; if you're lucky enough to go bare faced or with just tinted moisturizer on, you can apply this on the high points of your face to catch light and give you the effect of glowing skin or to emphasize features. However, it doesn't blend well and properly on top of powdered skin, as featured on the demo photo on top; it looks patchy and streaky.

If you're like me who prefers applying highlighter on top of powdered skin, I suggest apply it on smaller areas only like the brow bone, arch of the brow, tip of the nose, and cupid's bow for easier blending and so the patchiness won't look as prominent. As for staying power, coverage and radiance stay put the whole day, but may be a little less for those with very oily skin, but I don't think it's going to fade completely because Colorstay's formula is proven to be very long- lasting.

It's a nice to have product, but I don't think it's something that I can't live without. However, if you want a highlighter that can withstand oily skin and whole day wear, this is it; just follow my application and usage steps mentioned above. My shade of choice is Rose Quartz!

Have you tried this product already? What are your thoughts?

REVLON COLORSTAY ENDLESS GLOW LIQUID HIGHLIGHTER RATING

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Let me know what you think of this post! :)