New Essence Cosmetics makeup for the new normal!

Essence Cosmetics My Skin Perfector Tinted Primer 20 Nude Beige, Loose Fixing Powder 20 Nude, Camouflage Matt Concealer, and Stay Matte 8-Hr. Lipstick review, price, swatch


PRICE: To be detailed below
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in all leading SM department stores

THE VERDICT:

I feel like people should be talking about Essence Cosmetics more. Because aside from being very affordable and their range, so varied and always up to date, the products are also cruelty- free. It's one of the most affordable cruelty- free brands in our local drugstore!

Essence Cosmetics has dropped a couple of new stuff to aid your beauty needs, whether it's a Zoom meeting, a quick eat out with a friend, your mom, or your SO, for covering that darned maskne; everything's made to keep you fab and beautiful in this new normal that calls for makeup products and formulas that are long- lasting and relevant!

My Skin Perfector Tinted Primer and Loose Fixing Powder ingredients

L-R: Powder, Primer, Concealer

My Skin Perfector Tinted Primer (P549) is a mousse- like primer with color correcting coverage; no other colors except for skin tone colors, but I could imagine how cool it would be if there were other correcting shades such as red, orange, and green. There are only two shades available: 20 Nude Beige and 30 Medium Beige. It has a rich consistency, mousse texture, and powdery finish.

My Skin Perfector Powder is a colored loose powder (P549) promises a matte, smooth, and even finish without a mask- like effect, thanks to the pearls and combination of powders used. It comes in two shades too: 10 Light and 20 Nude. It's a fine, silky, lightweight powder with light to medium coverage; good to be used enough on its own, especially when you will only have to be out for a while to run some errands or you have to look decent in a flash for your emergency zoom meeting.

Camouflage + Matt Concealer (P349) is a long- wearing concealer that claims to be waterproof and able to cover even tattoo marks. It comes in 5 shades and the shade I have is 23 Warm Sand. It's a liquid cream concealer with medium to heavy finish. It's very easy to spread, blend, and sets efficiently, and works as a spot cover too. By my standard, it is not a camouflage- type concealer; when you tell me CAMOUFLAGE, I'm expecting complete, second skin coverage and this one provides a classic, natural- looking full coverage with a little skin texture projecting through the coverage; good enough for daily use, especially if you need a bit more coverage, but not necessarily thick and caky.

All products have a strong perfume- like fragrance; just want to put this out there for those who may be a bit allergic to fragrance in cosmetics.

Stay Matte 8H Liquid Lipstick (P399) is a long- wearing liquid lipstick that dries quick and claims to stay for 8 hours long. Currently, Essence Cosmetics PH in Lazada is offering 4 shades. Love the packaging! It's so classy, pretty, and modern!

The paddle applicator that comes with the liquid lipstick is a long one that's slightly bent. I wish the paddle were a bit wider so it would spread the product much more efficiently on the lips. It has a light floral-vanilla fragrance, which I like.

The liquid lipsticks have a creamy formula and heavy pigmentation; one swipe is all I need to get good coverage!

Let's try out the products:

Bare face

With a layer of the tinted primer

Comparing the two photos, this one with the primer on has proven that it can indeed smooth the skin and provides light camouflaging effect. 20 Nude Beige is a just light for my skin tone so I only apply it on areas like my t-zone, forehead, chin, and other highlight areas so I won't have the mask- like effect. And since it has a mousse consistency and powdery finish, you can use this sometimes as a liquid powder too to quickly remove excess oil on your t-zone; 'tis an affordable dupe for Benefit The Porefessional!

If used as a primer, it helps prolong makeup wear by an hour or two, provides a smooth canvas, and has additional color- correcting benefits.

If used on its own, the way I'd sometimes do it, coverage and oil control will last for a good 2 hours before I retouch. Not bad!

Bare under eye

2 layers of the concealer

I like that it's full coverage, but decent enough for daily use because as you can see, there's a hint of skin peeping through the product, which gives you that natural look.  However, it can highlight dry areas and since finish is matte, it can make the under eyes look dry after hours of wear. That said, prep the skin with eye cream before applying concealer.

This concealer is also good enough to hide discolorations caused by acne, for example. I don't have any tattoo, but I've tried to cover an eyeliner swatch with the concealer to test its tattoo- covering claims and I conclude that it can, but you would have to use A LOT. Hard cream concealers are really best used when it comes to tattoo coverage. 

Onto the lipstick, my most favorite product from the new collection.

The lipstick sets quickly into a soft matte finish with a suede feel. Check out the shades below:

BITE ME IF YOU CAN

A red-brown shade with a terracotta undertone.

03 DOWN TO EARTH

Light peachy pink.

07 LET'S CHILL

Berry pink shade. my favorite!

08 I DARE YOU

Scarlet red. A good dupe for MAC Ruby Woo!

The lipsticks are indeed 90% transfer- proof! I wore this one time with a mask on and there was very minimal transfer on the mask. I also love that it has a non-drying formula; as in my lips did not crack and flake at all during wear!

Here's me wearing My Skin Perfector tinted primer with another brand of foundation set with the My Skin Perfector loose powder. 

The powder has a smoothing effect on the skin; I also like that it improves the coverage of liquid foundation. I noticed that Essence's shade range lean toward the warmer side of the spectrum. If you have porcelain/alabaster skin, you may not find a shade that will suit you. But if you're a morena, you will find one. Essence is one of the affordable beauty brands that have shades for warm skin like mine. As for the staying power, it has decent oil control: 2-3 hours before my t-zone begins to oil up, but I can't really say that it has great oil control.

The primer has a very good smoothing effect: you wouldn't think I have small bumps across my cheeks and on my chin due to maskne! Oil control is also just decent like the powder so I think this is more of a correcting/smoothing primer than an oil- controlling one.

Among all the products, I love the liquid lipsticks because it's pretty transfer- proof and its formula is one of the rare ones that did not dry out my lips so for me, it's a keeper! Next one I love is the loose powder because it's a quick skin fix on days when you don't wanna bother, but need to put on makeup and the shade suits my morena skin too!

Which of these products have you tried already and you are willing to try?

ESSENCE COSMETICS MY SKIN PERFECTOR TINTED PRIMER AND LOOSE POWDER, CAMOUFLAGE CONCEALER, AND STAY MATTE 8-HR. LIQUID LIPSTICK RATING

Shop Essence Cosmetics HERE.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Whoahhh!!almost perfect ratings,,!soooo love to try these products.Thanks for this review miss martha,.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palavarn na ang essence. Thanks for the review po.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)