Teviant Deity Dust Review: Palette with Powder lipstick?!

Teviant Deity Dust palette review, price, swatch


PRICE: P750
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Shopee

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

It's always nice to see Filipino luxury beauty brands come up in the local beauty scene despite the majority's preference for mass cosmetics. I believe Filipino brands can compete in the luxury realm of cosmetics because we have a lot of talented makeup professionals, like Albert Kurniawan and Teviant. Though not Filipino by birth, Indonesian celebrity makeup artist Albert Kurniawan has chosen to reside in Manila to further his craft, embrace the culture, and eventually birthed Teviant, a Philippine- born luxury makeup brand.

One of Teviant's newest releases is Deity Dust, a multi- tasking face palette that promises to color the lids, cheeks, and-wait for it- LIPS! Curious! Learn more about this product in this blog post!

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
Teviant Deity Dust is an all-in-one face color palette that features divine shades that cater to all skin tones, from fair to medium to morena. This palette claims to color the lids, cheeks, and even the lips. It only comes in one color combination/story.

The packaging is sleek, chic, and compact; it doesn't take up much space and can even fit right in your jeans' pockets. It comes with a sleeve for protection and reinforcement.

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
The palette opens up to a beautiful, textured wheel that features two blushes, two highlighters, and a contouring powder. The blushes double as the powder lipstick.

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
Here are the swatches of the products:

L-R: pale gold highlighter, pearl pink highlighter, neutral hazelnut brown, pink mauve, warm rose.

Bottom swatch: all products blended together

The highlighters have intense pigmentation and soft metallic finish and the contour and blush powders have a matte finish. The highlighters are very creamy and easy to blend while the blush and contour powders feel a little dry perhaps due to its matte finish. I don't pick up a good amount of product when I swatch the blushes using my fingers, but surprisingly, the brush can.  Given the texture and feel of the blushes, I think it's not recommended to wet them. Otherwise, dry patches may form on the surface; not a problem for me though as I dislike wetting makeup anyway.

When blended together, you get an iridescent blush/highlighter; the shade outcome reminds me a bit of Nars Orgasm. But I don't like swirling all over the powders as the highlighters tend to stain the blushes since they're the most pigmented in the palette/

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
Here's me wearing the contour and pale gold highlighter on the highest points of my face. The contour powder has a nice color and a teeny hint of red in its undertone, but glad that it doesn't look off on me given that.

Teviant Deity Dust Review morena filipina beauty blog
I'm wearing the two blushes on my cheeks and pearl pink highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes. I like using the pearl pink highlighter on the inner corners; it gives me a fresh look and brightens up my face.

The blushes are quite easy to blend despite the matte, dry texture provided that you blend it with a brush. I also like that it looks seamless and natural even if finish is matte.

And for my lips, I'm wearing the warm rose blush shade. Teviant said that the product can be used on the lips; yes it's possible, but since the product feels drier than a regular matte lipstick because it's powder, it may exacerbate dryness or highlight flaky areas. Nice concept, but powder lipstick is not for me because I have very dry lips.

Staying power is very good; the product stays put and even if there were transfers on my face masks, a good portion of the blush still stayed on my cheeks until day's end.

Overall, this is a nice product because it's multi- tasking and has everything I need for a quick makeup look. Plus points that it's a Filipino brand too!

Have you tried this product already? What are your thoughts?

Click HERE to purchase this product.

TEVIANT DEITY DUST RATING

Please visit TEVIANT on Facebook for more information.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Grabe packaging palang ang bongga na. Love the shades too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hesitant everytime this product appears on my feed but reading your post about it got me really curious. It looks gorgeous on you, Ms. M. Maybe I'll give it a try. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)