MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

Ah, Maskne. What can I say? You’re probably one of the biggest skin problems since uneven skin tone. But it looks like you are here to stay because this mandatory face mask usage won’t go away anytime soon and if it does, I think humans will still have a period of transition into a face mask- free world; until then, we would have to endure the frequent occurrence of bumps and marks on the areas that are covered by face masks. 


Some of the biggest questions related to Maskne that I get are CAN I STILL WEAR MAKEUP EVEN IF I HAVE MASKNE? and WHAT ARE THE BEST ANTI-MASKNE OR MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP AND BEAUTY PRODUCTS TO ADD IN MY EVERYDAY KIT?


My answer is of course, we can still wear makeup! It’s just a matter of choosing the right makeup products and having the right habits to ease the pressure on your existing maskne or to help minimize its occurrence. I’ve experienced grave Maskne in 2020 and after experimenting with a lot of makeup and techniques, I’m happy to say that I’ve found the right combination of products and steps that allow me to wear makeup even with Maskne and prevents makeup from aggravating my Maskne, if ever I have any. Let me share them with you!


I believe that in order to address something properly and effectively, you have to learn about the source. So, what is Maskne, really? And how does it form?


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

Acne Mechanica or better known as MASKNE is caused by two things: mechanical stress caused by pressure, friction, and rubbing caused by face mask and proliferation of bacteria caused by skin build- up due to heat. Normally, Maskne forms upon 6 weeks of wearing face masks.


Maskne happens on the O-Zone of the face, which is located from the center of the nasal bridge all the way down to the chin and frontal and central jawline. 


As long as we are required to wear face masks, we will always have Maskne. But we don’t have to live in the shadow of Maskne--there’s always something that can be done to minimize or keep it at bay. With proper skin care, makeup, and health care knowledge, you can treat and prevent pimples and I believe that you can do so with Maskne too.


First, let me share with you some tips and tricks to treating and preventing Maskne:


1. Always wear light makeup.

2. Make sure that your face mask is not too tight nor too textured-always choose a well- fitting, smooth mask.

3. Determine if you have allergies to certain textiles and dyes. If you have, then avoid colored or dyed masks and stick to hypoallergenic, organic, or non-dyed material.

4. Always wash your face mask after use.

5. Allow skin to breathe for at least 15 minutes by removing the face mask, but make sure to do it in a safe space.

6. Wipe away occasionally sweat that form on your skin while wearing face mask.

7. Always moisturize your skin before wearing face mask.

8. Apply an antibacterial solution such as a spot treatment, anti- acne spray, or anti- acne toner on your O-Zone before putting on makeup and wearing face mask.

9. Take anti- acne oral medication/supplement to support your external skin care routine.


Another common concern related to Maskne is: WILL MAKEUP AGGRAVATE MASKNE?


The short and simple answer to this is yes, it can aggravate maskne, but if you add some tweaks to your routine and choose the most optimal products, it won’t be aggravated as much. A lot of us are starting to go back to work and for most of us, makeup is a huge part of our daily and professional routines. Also, a lot of us love wearing makeup and that includes me!


After doing some tweaks on my makeup routine, I’ve finally created one that allows me to wear makeup with my face mask; this routine is simple, fresh, basic but still makes me feel pretty, doesn’t feel annoying under a face mask, helps prolong coverage, minimizes the occurrence of a break out, and most of all, Maskne- friendly.


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

After doing some tweaks on my makeup routine, I’ve finally created one that allows me to wear makeup with my face mask; this routine is simple, fresh, basic but still makes me feel pretty, doesn’t feel annoying under a face mask, helps prolong coverage, minimizes the occurrence of a break out, and most of all, Maskne- friendly.


MOISTURIZE- A lot of people would skip moisturizer because they don’t want anything sticky and ‘thick’ on their skin while wearing a face mask, but it’s actually a not-so-good idea to go without one. Moisturizers help keep your skin balanced, ergo healthy. And when your skin is healthy, the chances of getting zits are reduced. A well- moisturized skin prevents over production of sebum, which can lead to clogged pores and acne/maskne.


PRIME- I recommend using a primer and a hydrating one at that because it helps keep makeup from melting or running off and staining your face mask. A dirty face mask can lead to bacteria proliferation, which leads to maskne.


CONCEAL- dabbing concealer on fresh maskne can help protect it from friction. It would also help if your concealer has an antibacterial component such as tea tree extract to help keep bacteria in check.


MATTIFY- a Wayne Goss technique that really helps prolong makeup wear. Before my main powder, I dust translucent, mattifying powder all over my face to mattify my skin, remove excess oil, and as an additional anti-oil layer that helps keep my skin matte longer.


COVER- For the semi- final step, I wear my chosen pressed powder for the day (powder foundation if I feel like it or if I have lots of blemishes).


COLOR- Finally, I add a touch of color to give my skin some dimension.


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

Afterwards, I set everything with a makeup setting spray and I’m good to go!


As for lip color, I normally wear a lip and cheek tint because it’s light and won’t stain my face mask as much as lipstick.


I’d like to share with you as well my maskne- friendly makeup kit; I bring these with me every day.


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

I’d like to share with you as well my maskne- friendly makeup kit; I bring these with me every day.


My kit has everything I need to achieve maskne- friendly makeup and to keep my skin fresh and healthy the entire day. The additions to this kit are a green concealer to conceal redness, hydrating face mist to keep my skin quenched and healthy the whole day, and a sheet of Lactezin, my go- to anti- acne supplement as of late, most especially in the times when my maskne is out of control.


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

New to Lactezin? Let me introduce it to you!


Lactezin is a supplement that’s for treating and preventing acne in adults made by UL Skin Sciences Inc. Lactezin busts acne from within with a combination of Lactoferrin, Vitamin E, and Zinc. Lactoferrin is naturally- occurring in the body as it is normally found in Colostrum from the first milk of mothers; Lactoferrin is also derived from cow’s milk as well as rice. Lactoferrin is effective in fighting inflammation and bacteria, which means it may help reduce the tenderness, size, and infection level of your maskne or pimples. Vitamin E helps with cell regeneration, wards off free radicals, and helps skin heal. Finally, Zinc, which is an effective anti-inflammatory and antibacterial mineral that helps fight acne- causing bacteria plus it helps regulate oil production on the skin. Together, these ingredients synergistically fight acne and maskne so you can have smooth, healthy, clear skin.


MY ANTI- MASKNE MAKEUP KIT + MASKNE- FRIENDLY MAKEUP ROUTINE MORENA FILIPINA BLOG

Each Lactezin capsule is only P27/capsule and recommended to be taken twice daily. I take Lactezin even if I don’t have maskne or acne to help maintain my clear skin; it’s my preventive measure so just in case there is an impending break out, Lactezin is there to stop or control it.


Just sharing with you some FAQs that you might have in mind about this product:


IS IT SAFE FOR PREGNANT WOMEN?


Lactezin contains actives that are naturally present in food and in the body, and is considered safe by the FDA, but as a rule of thumb, pregnant women must consult with their physician first before taking any supplement.


WHAT AGE CAN YOU START TAKING LACTEZIN?


Lactezin conducted a test among 13 to 40 year old participants and the study revealed that their acne was treated and the supplement was well- tolerated.


But it is still recommended to seek a physician’s advice first before taking any supplement.


IS IT SAFE TO TAKE LACTEZIN ALONG WITH OTHER MULTIVITAMINS THAT HAVE VITAMIN E AND ZINC?


As long as you are aware of the recommended daily intake for Zinc and Vitamin E. If your multivitamin supplements have Vitamin E concentration below 22.4 IU and Zinc concentration below 40mg, then you can take Lactezin.


WHAT’S THE RECOMMENDED INTERVAL BETWEEN INTAKES?


You should allow 8-14 hours interval between intakes of Lactezin.


SHOULD I EXPECT PURGING WHEN TAKING LACTEZIN?


You should expect some pimples forming and coming out while taking Lactezin. Based on studies, pimples come out within the first 2 weeks of usage and clears out between 8-12 weeks of continuous usage, depending on your body’s reaction to the supplement.


If your breakout persists longer than the suggested period, consult with your dermatologist.


And that’s it for my maskne- friendly makeup routine and maskne- friendly makeup kit suggestion. And now you know my go- to supplement in treating and preventing maskne and acne from within!


Have you tried Lactezin already? What are your thoughts?


Lactezin is available in leading drugstores nationwide as well as Lazada and Shopee. For Lazada, click HERE. 


Just visit lactezin.com for more information and check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lactezin.


This post is brought to you by Lactezin and The Beauty Junkee

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thank you for the tips. Grabe ang kati ng face ko when I wear a mask, especially on the skin near the cheeks and nose. I really need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed my alot of my friends experiencing maskne specially on their chin area, thank you for this amazing tips Ms Martha, it's very helpful to us. I'm sharing also this tips to my friends ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)