What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG!


What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
A TBJ Beshie asked me what I got for my 33rd birthday and I told her that it's just one item and contrary to my past birthday celebrations, I did not buy a lot. Instead, I channeled my birthday gift savings to just one item, which is my dream hand bag. I could not believe that at 33, I would be a proud owner of this bag that's considered as one of Chanel's best handbag styles!

Sharing what I got below plus some gifts I received from my loved ones!

What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
Gift from my sister-in-law. She just started her own handcrafted beauty brand called SKULLS N ROSES; she started with hair pomade inspired by my brother's love for hair pomade and now, she has expanded to soaps!

Skulls N Roses hand soap comes in 3 variants: Fragrance- free, Cool Mint, and Charcoal Vanilla Bean. Cool Mint has a nice, cooling scent and feel; perfect to use on a hot day. Charcoal Vanilla Bean has charcoal extracts that help purify and detoxify, plus the scent is a lovely vanilla fragrance inspired by Bath And Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar; smells so good!

You can check out her business on Shopee called SKULLS ROSES.

What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
Next up from my mom is Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey cologne. I've been meaning to buy a smaller bottle of perfume for my bags and I think my mom mentally heard me haha! She also gave me birthday money, which I used to treat her and my brother and sister-in-law for a birthday lunch.

What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
My husband's gift, aside from birthday money, is this cool yoga mat from Lotus Activewear. I've been meaning to buy a yoga mat so I have a personal mat when I can finally work out in a proper gym. I've been reading cool stuff about Lotus Activewear's yoga mat so I decided to go for it and it was a good choice! It's truly non- slip and quality is superb though a bit heavy. Still, I love it because it's such a good quality yoga mat and I think this will last me years.

And finally, here's my birthday gift for myself! :D

What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
It took me two years to save up for it and I delayed one year before purchasing because of the pandemic; I had to put my finances in order and sign up clients to improve my cash flow in my businesses last year before finally deciding to make this purchase; this item is definitely only secondary to my needs; good financial standing first before wants!

Ladies, meet Bruno (LOL), the Chanel Le Boy! This is a new medium, quilted, caviar, brushed gold hardware bag straight from Milan. I sourced this through La Brea on Instagram. You can check them out HERE.

What I got for my birthday + I GOT MY DREAM CHANEL BAG! morena filipina fashion blog
Watch my vlog HERE plus a little story time about why this is such a milestone purchase for me!

I can clearly remember the feeling the first time I saw this bag in 2015; I was awestruck because I really found this bag extremely beautiful and stylish; it's been on my mind since the first time I saw it and it has always been my dream Chanel bag. I even remember making a manifestation booklet where I put cutouts of my dream items on one of the pages and this particular bag is in it (and it's the biggest cutout, btw!).

And that's all for my birthday gifts this year. I don't think I'll be buying another bag this year or maybe even until next year because I have to get my ROI out of this bag LOL.

Post a Comment

0 Comments