RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review

Cocobelle Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review, price, demo


PRICE: travel size- P250; Standard Size- P600
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at Lazada

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
THE VERDICT:

A girl named Renee reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and introduced her humble business, Cocobelle. Cocobelle is a new lifestyle beauty brand and their pilot product is Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner. I said yes because I took it as a reminder that my brushes are in dire need of a bath (I haven't washed them for a year since the pandemic started. I know, gross) and one of my advocacies is supporting small businesses.

I wasn't expecting much from the product since it's very straightforward, but I didn't expect to be impressed! It's everything that I wish my makeup brush cleaners were and it's sooo convenient to use! Most of all, it cleans and conditions my brushes like a pro. Check out the before and after pictures below!

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
Cocobelle is an all- natural makeup brush cleaner and conditioner. Proudly made in the Philippines and currently comes in two variants and two sizes: All- Natural and Lavender, travel and standard sizes.

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
It's basically solid soap in a jar with just more conditioning agents because of the high concentration of Olive Oil in the ingredients. I used lavender because the fragrance is nice and soothing, and it helps mask the musty scent that old brushes sometimes have.

The soap cannot be removed from the jar; it's molded into it and the only way to take it out is to cut up the soap or allow the soap to melt all the way down.

Let's put it to the test, shall we?

Hello, my super dirty, dependable Bobbi Brown contour brush. I've had this one for more than 5 years now and it still works!

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
First step, wet the brush cleaner, swirl your brush on it, rinse on a brush cleaner egg or your palm, and then rinse thoroughly.

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
WHOA. To say that I'm SHOOKT is an understatement; I am SHOUOWHOAUKETTTHH! All that 1 year of gunk, makeup, and dirt, gone in a minute!

The only downside is all the dirt from your brush is transferred onto the soap and jar.

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
You can rinse the top portion before storage, but I don't think that's enough to get rid of bacteria that may have transferred from your brush to the soap. I hope Cocobelle will add Tea Tree extract in the formula to address this issue.

RAVE: Cocobelle Makeup Brush Cleaner and Conditioner review morena filipina beauty blog
I would just like to point this out, especially to those who are a bit OC with cleanliness like me. My worry about this product is that just because of the way it should be used, the residue from dirty water and brushes might seep right into the jar, which can be very unhygienic. But after first use, I realized that the good thing about the molding is it's kinda' tight and somehow prevents water from sinking deep into the jar.  As you can see in this photo, there's some makeup residue that fell into the side of soap, but it didn't go too deep and I think this can be removed easily after a couple of uses.

But all in all, I'm impressed by this product! I love how this simplifies my makeup brush cleaning routine: before, I would have to use an arsenal of products to clean my brushes, but with Cocobelle, I just take out this jar and I'm good because it works well on any type of bristle. I also love that it cleans and conditions bristles, but without the stickiness. Finally, it's a locally- made brand and that's why I love it! The travel- sized jar will probably last me for more than a year because I don't need a lot in every use and I normally only wash my brushes at least once a month.

Have you tried this product already? What are your thoughts?

COCOBELLE MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANER AND CONDITIONER

Please visit COCOBELLE PH on Facebook for more information. Purchase the product HERE.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I'm checking them out on Lazada. Minsan po talaga ang hirap na isingit sa schedule ng paglilinis ng makeup brushes. Guilty as charged po. Thanks for sharing Ms. Martha ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with the issues about hygiene but it does clean the brush super kita ang difference

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)