3 things that changed in my skin care routine in my late 30s...FOR THE BETTER!
One of my biggest beauty realizations lately is I have very little energy to spend on a lengthy skin care routine. Don't get me wrong, I still love skin care products; being a beauty girl will always be a part of me, but nowadays, as a tita with limited time and energy, I have been trying to make my everyday routines more systematic and streamlined; as in the case of skin care, these are the 3 things that changed in my skin care routine in my late 30s...FOR THE BETTER!
I HAVE CURATED MY 'RIDE-OR-DIE SKIN CARE LINE UP'
- Before, I used to have HGs, but nothing really stuck in my routine for so long in my routine since discovery is the essence of youth; so I kept on searching and trying skin care products without really having any end goal in mind for my routine.
Now that I'm aiming to have a more streamlined routine, I decided to curate a RIDE-OR-DIE skin care set; a collection of skin care products for day and night that have always worked for me and I will always go back to no matter what. This makes choosing and buying so much easier because I finally know which ones I'll stick with for a long time until my skin changes and demands a different set of actives and benefits.
I PRIORITIZE MULTI-BENEFIT PRODUCTS
- Multi- benefit products are a game changer for aging ladies who have no time and energy to spend on a full length skin care routine. Products that serve multiple benefits and have a flexible texture are some of the things I prioritize in my skin care routine. Some examples are a mattifying moisturizer, a moisturizing toner, and a hydrating SPF like Hyaloo Dewy Defense Sunscreen, which is one of my favorites as of late.
Hyaloo's SPF has the benefits of SPF and the feel of a moisturizer/serum, plus it's packed with skin- caring ingredients as well such as Ceramides, Vitamin E, and 4x Hyaluronic Acid. It absorbs easily and perfectly and doesn't leave any white cast. Most days, I just reach for this because it's pretty much moisturizer and spf in one for me; such a time saver.
I SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP
- When I was younger, I thought I could solve all my skin problems on my own because hey, I am a beauty blogger and I am supposed to be knowledgeable about beauty and skin care, right?
As I got older, I have finally come to terms with the fact that I may be a beauty blogger, but I am not an expert; I am not as well- versed in matters concerning skin as a dermatologist.
One huge change in my routine is I regularly go to the derma now if I find something weird on my skin or if there's any unusual change in it. Best decision ever because I get to save more bucks and I am getting the right support as my skin goes through various changes.
What changed in your skin care routine as you got older?



Comments
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think of this post! :)