I LOVE SHU: THE SHU UEMURA EYELASH CURLER LEGACY

Shu Uemura was catapulted to stardom because of his masterpiece make- up creation in a Hollwood movie. In Japan, his oil facial cleansers have been making a big wave since the 60's and has reached international fame. And his eyelash curlers are considered as the best eyelash curler there is in the market.


Other contenders are Shiseido's eyelash curler and La Cross. But this Shu Uemura is still the product to beat. SU claims that their eyelash curler is well- engineered to fit any eye and face shapes. The bend of the curler is accurately measured so as to provide ouchless curling that leads to damaging of the lids. Their mushroom- like pads are designed to aid in effectively curling the lashes, making it reach it's full potential and the curls last longer.


Meryl Streep, in the movie 'The Devil Wears Prada' has mentioned Shu Uemura's eyelash curler. Now that's how famous it is!


This high- end curler is costly. Well, it has proven to be the number one curler so what do we expect? The curler costs around 1k in Shu Uemura outlets. I got mine for 600php only because I had someone who bought me the curler in Japan, home of Shu Uemura.



I told myself before "Jusko, 1k para sa eyelash curler? eh yung ------ 60php lang okay naman!" But what drove me to buy the curler? My friend, who is an aspiring make- up artist had a couple of SU curlers in his stash. He has 2 silvers, 1 black and 1 gold 25th anniversary edition. I tried one and I was really impressed!


I didn't believe that this curler was engineered to provide accurate curling to provide eye accidents but after trying it, it truly is! No matter how i position myself and how careless I put the curler on my eyes and start curling, IT DOESN'T PINCH AT ALL. Which amazed me the most. I have to admit that I often pinch my lids due to curling. There was a time my lids got swollen! So this curler really is perfect for me.


(L-R) LA CROSS COMPARED TO SHU UEMURA

Lastly, the curl lasts long. I didn't believe this before but to my surprise, the curl of my lashes lasted as compared to my old curlers! I also compared the pads of the SU to a normal curler and there's really a big difference. The pads of SU have high quality and the mushroom- like special kind of rubber works well with the steel to provide a lasting curl. The pads of the cheap curlers are just made of plain rubber so it doesn't last long and the curls of your lashes don't either because the rubber is too soft.



THE CURL TEST


MY LASHES (UNCURLED, UNTOUCHED AND HAS NO MASCARA)

LASHES CURLED WITH LA CROSS
- Curl is not impressive
- Pinched my eyelid
- You can see the curl straighten in a matter of seconds

LASHES CURLED WITH SHU UEMURA
- Ouchless curling
- Curl is very visible, lashes have reached full curling potential
- Curl stays relatively long but eventually straightens

Although some say that Shiseido's the best there is and Shu Uemura is just overrated, the only difference is 200 bucks. I haven't tried Shiseido yet so I can't make any comparison but Shu Uemura's reign in the world of cosmetics is proof that you really can't go wrong with this curler. I have two so I can really attest how good this product is.


Post a Comment

0 Comments