PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: THE BODY SHOP MATTE IT FACE AND LIP PRIMER

Here's an initial review on THE BODY SHOP MATTE IT FACE AND LIP PRIMER

PRICE: 397PHP (695PHP BEFORE)
PLACE BOUGHT: THE BODY SHOP, ROBINSON'S PLACE, ERMITA, MANILA
OTHER LOCATIONS: THE BODY SHOP STORES NATIONWIDE

I'm almost nearing the bottom of the jar of my Kryolan Invisible matt primer. I have no intentions of buying a primer since I have to save money for some down payments that I have to pay by November. Good thing I passed by The Body Shop's Up to 70% off Sale in Robinson's place Manila. This is the only thing that's worth my visit to the store. This is at 50% off and not bad for 397php.

This is a silicone- based primer. Think Smashbox Photofinish. The reason why I don't like silicone- based primers is because they feel weird on the skin. It's either they feel too greasy or too matte. Plus, my face feels cakey when I put this on. But the feeling goes away when it settles on your skin. 

Since this is a mattifying primer, I was expecting that this will keep my oilies at bay for hours. Plus, it makes my face more smooth in a weird kinda' way so my foundation glides on effortlessly.


Lo and behold, here's my face after 6 hours. You can see that my face is slightly dewy. Honestly speaking, that's oil seeping out. But to my amazement, my face turned dewy instead of oily so this goes to show that it did keep my oilies at bay! So maybe that's the reason why Photofinish Primer is such a hit. Silicone- based primers are effective because it creates a film between your face and make- up. But still, I find Smashbox too overpriced so there's no way I'm buying it. And this is indeed the cheaper alternative for the Photofinish Primer!


Surprisingly, the effect of this primer is at par with my Kryolan's oil- controlling power at a fraction of the cost!


Will I buy this again? Of course I will. But only if it's on a sale. I got this at 50% off and I must say that it's really a good deal. What prohibits me from buying this even though it's effective, is how overpriced it is for a small tube. I'm planning to get a back- up, but I'm still thinking about it. I'm pretty sure this will last me long because I can alternate this with my Kryolan Primer. But when TBS goes on a sale again, I'm willing to buy another tube!


THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S ALERT:

THE BODY SHOP IS ON A SALE UP TO 70% OFF. SO BETTER CHECK IT OUT BEFORE THE SALE IS OVER. THEIR LIP AND CHEEK STAINS ARE ON A BUY ONE TAKE ONE SALE AT 497PHP ONLY. YOUR FAVORITE BODY BUTTERS ARE AT 30- 50% OFF AND ALL THEIR RECENT ITEMS ARE ON A 10% OFF SALE! :)

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Hi Sis,


    Thanks for the review. I saw this before, but didn't buy it because I still had the oil-free primer of Face Shop.

    Was wondering if it does help mattify lipcolor? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crissy: hi sis! i'm not sure whether it mattifies lip colors but i think it will just help in making your lip color last longer.

    but i'll post an entry using this on my lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this primer, but to my dismay i am not satisfied with it! glad that it suits you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sis. thanks for sharing. I already bought one! mwah ;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. elsa and trizh: sorry for the uber late replies sis! :) it's reformulated, and the tube is bigger. but it is priced at around 800php+ :x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)