PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC CREMESHEEN LIPSTICK (CROSSWIRES)

Here's an initial review on MAC CREMESHEEN LIPSTICK IN CROSSWIRES

PRICE: $14 (AROUND 800PHP+)
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC ONLINE
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC ONLINE; MAC STORES ABROAD

THE VERDICT:

Here's the final item from my US pre- order loot. It's MAC's Crosswires lipstick. I've read that it's a clean pinky orange shade, which appealed to me so much since I love pink lipsticks. I'm kinda' thinking that this is a unique shade so I decided to include this in my pre- order loot.

Crosswires indeed is a pinky orange lipstick. In actual, this lipstick has a strong orange undertone. But the clean part, I'm not sure. this is somewhere between a cool and hot pink- orange lipstick. I saw the swatch of this in temptalia's site and fell in love with it because it seemed like a nude pink- orange lipstick on her. So you could pretty much assume that I'm quite disappointed with the color.

The cremesheen formula glides like butter on lips. It gives a nice shine and it keeps my puckers moisturized. 

Here I am, wearing crosswires. Actually, it's a color that should grow on me. I'm not liking it before because I was disappointed. But now, I've actually realized that it's a nice color that really brightens up a face when paired with a coral blush. Benefit Coralista and Crosswires is a perfect combination. It just gives my face a nice summer-y vibe.

Overall, I like it. But I don't love it. I want a nude pink- orange lipstick and I'm kinda' sure that my upcoming lippie, which is Illamasqua's lipstick in Brink will be perfect. :)

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. That is such a gorgeous color and it looks great on you! When Cremesheen lipsticks were being sold here, could not get a tube :(

    How does it compare to NARS Niagara? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. crissy: yup. i'm liking now. :)

    niagara is pink on me. however, niagara has a coral undertone but i think this is more on the hotter side of pink- orange. niagara is more on the cooler side. nars would describe it as a pinky coral lipstick but it appears pink to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon the colour looks fabulous on you! Good thing you bought it! =)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. marce: thank you! :) and thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love this shade! Sayang at di pa ko adik sa lippies when this came out. LE 'to diba? Im still contemplating Nars Niagara. Sa Illamasqua naman im looking at Over :) Coral lippie obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ;) Lovin this colour on you .. it looks so nice with your skintone! So I've boguht :D But on me it comes out very reddish, there is no orange at all :/ (I have quite red lips) how do you think can I achieve this colour? I don't want to use concealer on my lips, do you think a lipliner on the whole lips will do it? thaanks & have a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. denisE: realy? that's nice. brink is also a nice color. peach- nude. :)

    Rickyy: hey....so sorry for the super delayed reply. :)

    Maybe it has something to do with my skin color. I'm quite tanned, with yellow undertones. In natural lighting, however, this can appear a bit pink-coral-reddish when layered too much. But I apply this slightly so as to achieve the pink- coral color.

    The only solution that I know is to apply a concealer underneath the make- up to neutralize pigmented lips. Or you can try what I'm doing. Applying only a sheer amount. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)