PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: VMV ARMADA FACE COVER SPF 30

Here's an initial review on VMV ARMADA FACE COVER SPF 30

PRICE: 660PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: VMV HYPOALLERGENICS, ALABANG TOWN CENTER
OTHER LOCATIONS: POWERPLANT MALL; THE FORT HIGH STREET; GLORIETTA 2

THE VERDICT:

I bought this just for the sake of having a Face Sunblock for my Laiya beach trip. I told hubby that I didn't want to use sunblock for a deeper tan. Good thing, I changed my mind because I still suffered a major sunburn on the shoulders even if I had spf 75 on. Whew! That change of mind saved my face from frying!

I decided not to buy big tubes of face sunblock anymore. My Nivea has expired and I haven't even used 20% of it! Tsk tsk. What a waste of money. And these sunblocks are quite cakey on the skin, so it's not a good idea to slather this on if you're planning to take pictures on the beach because white lotion streaks will show. So I prefer SPF laden products when it comes to primers, moisturizers or even make- up.

So I went to VMV and got meself the Armada Face Cover.

Years ago, I got myself one when this was still newly released. It was bad that's why I never purchased one again after emptying my first tube.

The old formulation is like this: It's thick, quite hard to spread, and feels hot on the face. And it also leaves a glossy finish, which I didn't like. The product also had an electric blue tinge, which may be the culprit behind the glossy finish on the skin.

While hubby and I were waiting for our dinner orders, I dropped by VMV and checked out what they had to offer.

Armada was already out of the question. But it's the only recommended sunblock for people who will go swimming or strolling under the sun.

Good thing I decided to squeeze some of the product on my skin. If not, I wouldn't know that this has been reformulated.

Below are reasons on why you should get VMV Armada Face Cover. In the meantime, check out how VMV works wonders in shielding your skin from UVA, UVB and other artificial and harmful rays.

Now that will keep the cancer rays going back to the sky in no time!

Here's the product on the skin. It has been reformulated really well! It dries quickly, spreads easily, doesn't leave any white streaks or tinge, lightweight, and unscented, which makes it perfect for sensitive skin. A little goes a long way! The texture feels like your average moisturizer. In fact this could even be lighter!

A bit of info regarding UVA, UCV, and UVB rays.

UVA is what causes skin aging, and UVB rays are also known as the "Tanning Rays". While UVC is what causes sunburn, and is definitely the known killer ray from the sun, which causes different sun- related skin diseases and much worse, death. UVC rays have been stronger due to the depletion of the Ozone Layer.

And FYI, you can be affected with Ultraviolet Rays too even if you're just at home.

How's that possible?

Artificial rays are caused by indoor lighting such as bulbs, fluorescents, etc. And radiation rays (aka Tanning Bed rays) can also cause death, if exposure to it is prolonged or frequent.

SPF lotions are not just for vanity. It's for a reason. We only have one skin, so we should take care of it.

And VMV also has a skin lightening ingredient. The brand claims that Armada is an effective skin lightening product for Melasma, which is a condition wherein a person develops dark brown patches on the face. It is caused by pregnancy, genetic disposition, and prolonged sun exposure.

Not only that, the skin lightening ingredient, according to the brand, can also whiten sun spots.

What's great about this product is, you can use it on a daily basis! That's the reason why I don't like face sunblocks that are only meant for the beach. They come in big tubes, and they are not well- absorbed by the skin!

The tube is also handy. It can fit in your bags and in tiny spaces..

It also comes in SPF 45, which is a tad expensive.

The VMV Face Cover also comes in a bigger tube, which is priced at around 1k+.

For reference, I have oily skin and this didn't aggravate my skin nor did it induce oil production. I am so in love with it and I'm definitely getting this again after emptying this one!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thanks for this review, it's really helpful!

    Sis, just to confirm, is the P660 price tag the original price, or is it the sale price? I'm seriously considering buying this kasi, but I saw on another blogger's entry (dated March) that it's priced at P900.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Compared with the Kiehl's sunscreen, which do you like better? I just emptied my Kiehl's sunscreen tube and I'm thinking of getting this one cause it's a bit cheaper. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)