PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LOLITA LEMPICKA EAU DE PARFUM 30ML

Here's an initial review of LOLITA LEMPICKA EAU DE PARFUM

PRICE: 490HKD (?) (APPROXIMATELY 3K+PHP)
PLACE BOUGHT: CHINA
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE


DESCRIPTION: (taken from fragrancex.com)
Lolita Lempicka Perfume by Lolita Lempicka, Launched by the design house of lolita lempicka in 1997, lolita lempicka is classified as a refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of exotic licorice and vanilla combined with light greens, florals and musk. It is recommended for daytime wear.
THE VERDICT:

When mom came back from her China trip, she gave me a very sentimental surprise.

She has always known how I would talk about Lolita Lempicka and how much I've wanted one for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, we are not able to see one locally or even in some of the recent countries that mom has visited.

And when she got back she handed me a Lolita Lempicka paper bag and lo and behold, it contained my much- coveted perfume! I was in cloud 9 during that time! Mom really knows best. :)

This is the new Lolita Lempicka packaging.

Let me give you a brief history of Lolita Lempicka's iconic scent.

This scent was launched by the design house of Lolita Lempicka in 1997, It won as Best Women's Fragrance by the Fragrance Foundation and American FIFI awards in 1998.

And it has hit the local perfume scene at around '99- 2000. I got mine as a birthday present around the year 2000.

This was priced at around 5k for a 100ml bottle.

But as far as I can remember, Rustans is not carrying this perfume anymore.

The 100ml bottle came in this dreamy and beautiful stand. Due to budgetary constraints, I wasn't able to sustain Lolita Lempicka as a perfume. But now that I have enough moolah to buy myself one once in a blue moon, it's nowhere to be found locally anymore.

I still kept this stand in my cabinet. It's so pretty and it's such a wonderful dresser piece. The flower with a ceramic girl in a swing can be used as a brooch as well. But it's quite heavy though 'cos of the ceramic girl mold.

And voila! This stand now houses my Lolita Lempicka perfume. I give the packaging 20 stars out of 10! :)

Let us now review the product.

The bottle is elegantly and uniquely designed. It really stands out amongst my perfume bottles. The bottle's characteristics symbolize that of little Lolita: sweet, young, fun, yet mystical.

I really like the bottle design, and I am glad that the design house of Lolita Lempicka maintained this classic and iconic design.

Let's now review the scent.

This perfume reminded me of Vladimir Nabokov's novel, "Lolita". It occured to me right after smelling this, that if Nabokov's Lolita would smell like one thing, this would definitely be it.

Lolita is often used to describe a beautiful and alluring youth. A young girl with a vibrant personality, a warm smile, soulful eyes, and a mysterious charm.

Lolita Lempicka is a musky, sweet, and woody fragrance. At first spritz, it smells like vanilla with a hint of pepper. Then the heart notes are chocolate- y and musky. Then it dries down to a decadent and warm musky vanilla scent. Staying power is not bad. Scent lingers for 3- 4 hours.

This perfume provokes the wearer to bring out their inner Lolita. Whenever I wear it, I feel refreshed, beautiful, and frisky. It is a captivating scent that never fails to receive compliments whenever I wear it. I really cannot tolerate sweet scents because it makes me feel light- headed. It reminds me of the air fresheners in taxis. Lolita Lempicka strikes the balance between the floral and sweet scent. It smells light, fresh, flirty, and young: some of the characteristics that I always look for in a perfume.

I highly recommend this perfume. It is worth giving a shot. But I strongly suggest that you get a whiff of this one because it is quite costly. Whatever works for me, may not work for you. It is available in the 30, 50 and 100ml bottles.

**The bottle stand was only available around the year it was first released. The modern Lolita Lempicka is packaged only in a box.

Post a Comment

0 Comments