SCENT FOCUS: GIVENCHY EAUDEMOISELLE DE GIVENCHY EDP

Here's an initial review on GIVENCHY EAU DEMOISELLE DE GIVENCHY EDP

PRICE: AROUND 80-90SGD (?)
PLACE BOUGHT: SINGAPORE
OTHER LOCATIONS: SEPHORA ONLINE


DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM FRAGRANTICA.COM):

Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy is described as a floral edition interpreted in couture spirit with emblematic aristocratic values of the house of Givenchy. It is placed between the traditional and the modern, and it is ideal for young, contemporary women.

The minimalistic flacon with discrete curves is crowned with a cylindrical golden metal stopper. It captures a composition created of tangerine, Italian winter lemon, shiso (Japanese basil), rose, ylang ylang, musk, ambrette seed and tonka. The fragrance was created by Francois Demachy, who described it as 'an imaginary rose in dewy morning'. The perfume is available as 50 and 100ml EDT.Eaudemoiselle de Givenchy was launched in 2010.


THE VERDICT:

Many of you know that I am partial to floral scents. Ever wondered what my most favorite floral scent is?

It's Rose. :)

The Rose has long been used as a symbol of love and beauty. It is a symbol of femininity-- delicate, exquisite, and beautiful.

I like rose notes in my perfume, but I can't stand wearing plain rose scents. Oddly enough, I don't own a single perfume with a rose note. It's because I find most rose- laden perfumes nowadays tacky and boring, not to mention rare.

Lately, I've grown tired of wearing light and fizzy floral scents from day to night. I've been meaning to try a different scent- something that fits my age, but would still remind me of the richness and opulence of classic perfumes. Rose is the perfect scent that will remind me of the good ol' perfumes. So I embarked on a search for a rose- laden perfume with character.

And I got meself Givenchy's Eaudemoiselle. I must admit the ad got me wanting this perfume. And the flacon looks great too. Simple and elegant. But the box is horrible. Looks very cheap to me. They should take out those familiar faces on the box.

If you appreciate perfumes of any era, you'll probably like this perfume. At first spray, I smell the rose and tangerine mix. It starts off as a light scent, then the Ylang- Ylang note starts settling in, and gives it a more mature character. Finally, the tonka bean note envelops the floral notes, and gives the scent a milky and warmer character. Overall, the perfume smells like rose, but with a warmer and sexier appeal. 'Tis very opulent, but not overwhelming.

This scent is best worn during night time. On colder days, I wear this during daytime as well. The sillage is high, but the staying power is absolutely great. Stays for around 4- 8 hours. The scent clings on to my clothes up until the next day! I even encountered someone who complimented me by saying that my perfume smells exquisite.

I don't mind if my friends (or even my boyfriend) would say that I reek of Eau De Grandma. I'd rather smell unique than smell like everybody else. :)

Timeless perfumes such as Chanel's N5, Miss Dior, Guerlain Shalimar, Givenchy Le De, and Annick Goutal's Mandragore are way out of my league right now. And Eaudemoiselle is affording a bit of the dream.

Oh and if you want a scent that would be best worn in the office, a meeting, a make-or-break presentation, or a job interview, I would recommend this perfume.

Post a Comment

0 Comments