Review: ASIAN SECRETS LULUR WHITENING SCRUB

Here’s an initial review on Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Scrub

PRICE: 130php

PLACE BOUGHT: Watson’s, SM Makati

OTHER LOCATIONS: Mercury Drug and all Watson’s branches

THE VERDICT:

This one’s taken from examiner.com:

The term Lulur refers to the Javanese term meaning "to coat the skin". It was traditionally given to young Indonesian women who were preparing to wed. The bride to be would be kept in confinementfor roughly forty days receiving the luxurious treatment surrounded only by women and preparing for pregnancy. Today, the pre-bridal treatment is now only a seven- day process and anyone can experience the Lulur treatment at many of the spas in Malaysia and Indonesia. The treatment includes three parts beginning with a relaxing aromatic massage, followed by an exfoliating body scrub and finishing with a fragrant floral bath. There are some variations in the recipe between different spas, but in general the treatment is the similar with the same end results-soft smooth and pampered skin.

Thanks to Asian Secrets, we can now experience one of the highly- regarded beauty treatments in the world right in the comforts of our own homes.

It’s one of the cheapest body scrubs you’ll find in the market. And cheap doesn’t mean low quality. Asian Secrets feels luxuriously soft and silky when applied. It also has gentle scrubbers that don’t feel too rough on the skin. If you don’t like too much scrubbers in your body scrub, you can try this. However, I like my body scrub packed with scrubbers so I add Abonne Milk Salt in the tub and mix it well with a popsicle stick.

A soothing Jasmine scent emanates from the tub after opening the cover. I like the fact that the Jasmine scent lingers even after I towel myself dry. My skin feels soft and smooth right after taking a bath.

Regarding the whitening effect, I didn’t recognize any changes on my skin in my three weeks of usage. But I don’t mind since I’m not keen on becoming white and fair. I don’t have celebrity- like underarms. So I’ve used it religiously on the said part. But I did not notice any change on it. But since I’m loving the scent, I will still buy this because I use it to scrub the skin on my vajay three days after undergoing a Brazilian treatment, and as a luxurious weekly skin treat in the shower. If you want to sample this one first, you can buy their 80g jar.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. My mom, sister and I are a fan of this. We've been using this for months and although we haven't seen the whitening effects (yet), we adore it because it leaves our skin smooth and soft. I personally like the fact that it scrapes out my dry skin especially on the elbow, knees and toes area. And I super love the icing-like consistency of the scrub. It feels very luxurious on the skin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mariakristela: hello! thanks for sharing. :D I'm liking the lotion- like consistency too. :D Definitely moisturizing. But I wish that the whitening effect showed up on me. Well, different skin types will react differently to any product. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Asian Secrets, Martha. Asian Secrets also has come up with two more variants for the scrubs and we have Asian Secrets soaps, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unilab: you're welcome! Great to hear! I shall try that after I empty my tubs. I still have an unopened jar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive tried their new variant hun ^_^ smells good also.. my sister told me may soap bars na din sila ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd probably buy the smaller jar. Too bad it doesn't have much whitening effect. Really want to be fairer kse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it just darkened my skin. it's a bad experience using this product.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)