Lorys Hair Cream Review: A Cheap But Effective Product for Salon- Like Tresses

Here's an initial review on Lorys Hair Cream in Duo Chocolate

PRICE: P349.75
PLACE BOUGHT: Cash And Carry, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: Watson's; Rustan's Supermarket





THE VERDICT:

You've probably been reading and hearing about this wonder product that has recently hit the beauty shelves. If you still haven't tried it, you're missing a lot. LOL! Kidding aside, this stuff really works. Let me muse why.

The first time I tried Lorys was when Ginger Arboleda of HYD handed me a tub of the Fruit Cocktail variant in one of their HYD photo shoots. After my first usage, I already knew that Lorys would be a keeper. I've emptied the Fruit Cocktail tub a month ago, and Duo Chocolate is my second tub.

Anyway, I have observed that conditioners nowadays have become more affordable. Unfortunately, the product quality came along with the price rollback. Most conditioners nowadays have been watered down considerably, and all I got from my recent tubes were watery, runny, and ineffective conditioners. I have long hair, and I don't use conditioners frequently because I am blessed with smooth locks. But a huge tube of conditioner wouldn't even last me for a month. So yah, that just goes to show that most conditioners nowadays have been cheaply reformulated.

Hair masks and Hair Creams are meant to be used at around once- thrice per week, because such products are considered as hair treatments. These products are meant to restore your crowning glory's natural luster and health weekly, because conditioners should be doing the conditioning job daily. I save more when I'm using hair masks and creams daily, as opposed to using a regular conditioner. So that's why I opt for hair masks and hair creams.


Going back to Lorys. This tub is really ginormous! It's like a tub for salon use! There are smaller tubs available in the market, so please get those smaller versions first before purchasing a huge one. What seems to work for everyone may not work for you. That's the Golden Rule.


Lorys hair cream is a very rich, smooth, and fragrant cream. The consistency is very spreadable, and I would only need around two scoops from the tub to cover my entire head.

So why is it called Duo Chocolate? Because the tub contains a two- toned cream that changes halfway through the tub. It's also true for my Lorys Fruit Cocktail tub. The top had yellow- colored cream, and it changed to pink somewhere near the bottom. For this one, the top consists of a caramel- colored cream, then it changes to a creamy white color somewhere in the middle. Duo Chocolate reminds me of Chocolate Fondue love. And this smells like white chocolate too! Nomnomnom. :p

As you massage the hair cream on your head, it produces some suds, which seems weird for a hair cream. As for the thermal effect, there is none. I leave it on my hair for 2 minutes, put a shower cap on, then I rinse it off with cold water.

It makes combing wet hair easier, and it keeps my locks soft all throughout the day. The chocolate scent lingers for a while, then it goes away when your hair is completely dry.

I'm on my second week, and I'm still nowhere near the middle part of the tub, given the fact that I'm using this thing daily! I love it and I will definitely repurchase. :)

**Lorys comes in different scents. Choose from Snake Oil, Nutri Sun- Gloss, Shea Butter, and Fruit Cocktail.




Have you tried Lorys? What do you love about it? Spill!

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. will definitely try the duo chocolate na because of this post. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. kath: I want to try shea butter after this tub. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three tubs of Lorys! haha I availed of the Ensogo discount (P175/big tub) plus free shipping for three tubs. I've emptied Fruit Cocktail (favorite!!) recently and I am currently using Ceramidas. Lorys is truly a great product!

    beauty-venture.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. frances: hello and welcome to my blog! :D Wow! lucky girl! :D Should give those ensogo coupons a try one time. :) You should try this variant. it smells so good! :D

    Will visit your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried Lory's but have been reading raves only for this product. will definitely check it out once I run out of my stocks here. :) I've also used deep conditioning on a daily basis before, I think that was summer. My hair tends to get drier. Right now, regular conditioner muna. :)

    Great review sis as always!

    - Belle

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)