Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation Review: A Foundation for our Humid Country

Here's an initial review on Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation (013)

PRICE: 2850PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: Got this for free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Selected Beauty Bar stores





THE VERDICT:

Our humid weather prevents us sometimes from wearing liquid foundation. Even if the sky is partly cloudy, or even if it's raining, there's still some sort of humidity in the air. Yup, that's our tropical country.

Thank goodness for Koh Gen Do's moisture foundation, we can now enjoy wearing liquid foundation even if the weather is freakishly hot.


013 is actually light for my skin tone. My perfect match would be shade 123. But I ain't complaining. I got this for free!

Comes in a sleek and lightweight 20g tube. The red color looks so chic!




I love squeeze- type tubes. They're convenient, hygienic, and you can control the amount of foundation that comes out of the tube.


Here's 013. It's perfect for girls with an NC40 shade match. I had used NC40 before, and I remember that it didn't look too off, but I figured that it would be better if I switch to NC42 so my facial skin tone would match the tone of my body.


Here's Moisture Foundation on me. Shade is pretty fine. Now let me go into the details.

It is Fragrance- Free, Talc- Free, and Free of synthetic pigments and chemicals. In short, it's all good. I can even consider this as Mineral Makeup. The consistency of the foundation is slightly liquid-y, but it ain't runny. It also gets absorbed quickly, and it dries to a matte finish. Gals with oily skin will benefit from this foundation. It also leaves your skin looking nude, yet flawless. Do me a favor and take a look at the pic above again. Notice that it gave my skin a healthy glow. Awesome, eh? That's Koh Gen Do's promise: a foundation that perfects skin, sans the artificial look. I say that it's the perfect foundation to use in pictures, since it was originally formulated to make skin look flawless in T.V., print, and Film.

The Moisture Foundation is the top- rated foundation from Koh Gen Do cosmetics. I've found out that most Hollywood productions that use Koh Gen Do are using this particular foundation. Why?

Because it's sweat- proof, and it stays put the whole day. And I can attest to that. I went to the gym one time, and I completely forgot that I was wearing this foundation. An hour and pails of sweat later, my face still looked fresh. Amazingly, the foundation remained intact! No patchy areas, no cakey-ness, and my sweat didn't turn into brown!

I only had to retouch my powder once during wear. Methinks that the formulation of this foundation keeps oil at bay, hence the lessened touch-ups.

However, the small tube and the price might be too prohibitive. But you'll only need a little amount for your entire face. It yields a light- medium coverage, but you can layer the foundation if desired. I squeeze around 4 pearl-sized amounts to cover my entire face. If you have facial marks and discolorations, you'll be needing some concealing 'cos it doesn't cover skin imperfections considerably. If you're blessed with semi- perfect skin, you'll love this. The BF even commended my skin when I was wearing this in one of our dates. He mused: "Honey, your skin looks very healthy. Have you been going to a dermatologist or something?" I replied: "Nah. I've been Koh Gen Do-ing." :D

Of course I shall repurchase. It's one of those foundation products that perfectly suits our weather. And next time, I'll get shade 123!

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. wow,'nuff said.this was a great foundation.you look so pretty in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. arra: Glad to know you liked the review! :D Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its 2014 now and wondering if this one is still available haha! Your skin looks great here! Hi Ms. Martha, I'm "back reading" your blog posts ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)