New Love: VMV Hypoallergenics Spring Cleaning Purifying Facial Wash Review

Here's an initial review on VMV Hypoallergenics Spring Cleaning Purifying Facial Wash

PRICE: P560.00
PLACE BOUGHT: VMV Skin Research Centre, Makati City (in one of their Skin Soirees)
OTHER LOCATIONS: All VMV Hypoallergenics stores nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Methinks I have found a way to cut down on my skin care expenses. Kiehl's will always have a special place in my heart. But since I have other things to prioritize, I can't blow 1.5k on a Facial Wash that often.

VMV Hypoallergenics saved my wallet.



This facial wash was formulated for oily skin. It is a rich, creamy liquid that doesn't really produce suds, but it gives you the feeling that you're washing your face with foam. It is also good for people with hypersensitive skin because it is Fragrance- Free and non- comedogenic, and it's made up of gentle ingredients. You can even use it on your kids!

Pam of VMV was kind enough to inform me that there's a difference between UNSCENTED and FRAGRANCE- FREE products. Unscented products actually have scent in it, but it's being masked by a certain chemical (forgot what it is). Fragrance- free products TRULY have no scent or perfume in it. Perfume is a comedogenic ingredient, so it ain't good for oily and acne- prone gals. It also has Monolaurin, a natural compound that can be found in human milk. It has strong antimicrobial properties, and is currently being used to treat people with HIV-AIDS (although it's still not considered as a cure). There are also commercially available Monolaurin products, and they are being derived from Coconut, Saw Palmetto, and Bitter Melon. I would like to believe that the Monolaurin used in this facial wash's formulation was plant- derived.


THE BEAUTY JUNKEE'S TIP: Cut the tube so you can use every single drop!


Oil- free skin even up close. It doesn't leave your skin dry and scratchy. It keeps your skin soft and supple even if you skip moisturizer. Didn't experience breakouts during usage!


I've also noticed that it has considerably kept sebum production at bay, because my daily powder room touch- ups were lessened within a week of usage. I normally retouch my powder around twice to thrice per day (Yes! My skin is THAT oily!). But after a period of usage, touch- ups went down to once per day. Sometimes, not at all!

Will I repurchase? I JUST DID! :D

Do you have oily skin like me? I highly recommend this product! :D

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. thanks for this review dear! it looks like a great alternative to high end facial cleansers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sugar: thank you! :D shipped your prize. lemme know if you've already received it. :D Please join my new giveaway! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg~! I love vmv! So far i've only been using their moisturizer for my skin care routine. Thanks so much for the review since i've been looking for a nice facial wash. : 3

    ReplyDelete
  4. katatonik: welcome to my blog dear! :D You should try this. It's one of the gentlest facial cleansers I've ever tried :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh,quite expensive.im using celeteque facial wash right now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i do that too..i cut the tube to get all of the products out..those leftovers could last me a week, too..im using vmv products too, and they're really helpful with my oily plus sensitive skin..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ate martha :) you should try Beaubelle Clarity :) Sobrang ganda niya :) It's gentle and does the job!! :) Plus it smells like baby powder :) sobrang smooth sa face :)

    http://thelazyvanitygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello there!

    I have been researching about VMV products because i would like to start on a proper skin care regimen. my skin care regimen is basically non existent! i just wash my face with clean and clear and use tinted moisturizer by myra e.. I know i have sensitive, oily and prone to breakout skin.. and i hate those post break out marks, i still have those now.. what vmv products should i start with? I am almost 30 and im starting to also freak out about wrinkle formation hehe please help me out! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)