Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup Review: Oh snapz. I have a new addicshen.

Here's an initial review on Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup (67 Sunny)

PRICE: P1,750.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Essenses, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell
OTHER LOCATIONS: Rustan's Makati; Rustan's Shangri- la Mall





THE VERDICT:

I've been reading a lot of nice reviews about this foundation. Finally, I have my hands on it.

This is my first- ever product from Clinique after a looong time. And I'm glad my purchase impressed me. The saying "First impressions last" rings true for me when it comes to purchasing stuff.


Perfectly real makeup is meant for gals with Oily to Combination skin. It has a semi- thick consistency that goes on smoothly, and amazingly dries to a semi- matte finish.


Actually, this wasn't my first choice. I wanted to get their Supermoisture makeup, but realized that I don't have dry skin, and I don't have a shade match from the said line. The good thing about Clinique is, they have tailor- made foundation lines to suit every skin type. They're also known for their "Allergy tested. Fragrance Free" promise, which means you only get the best and gentlest products, should you opt for Clinique's makeups.


I also love the bottle. Hygienic, easy to use, and it enables you to dispense the right amount of product to cover your canvass. No wastage!


For NC42 gals like me, your shade match from the Perfectly Real Makeup line is 67 Sunny. This is the darkest shade from the line. And this shade sells like pancakes too!


I wore the foundation to an event, and I love how it made my skin look flawless and gleaming all throughout the night, and even in pictures!

Albeit, one shouldn't take the name PERFECTLY REAL MAKEUP seriously. The foundation yields a light- medium coverage, and people with very troubled skin will need help from Primers and concealers. If you are blessed with unmarred or semi- flawless skin, you will love this. Good thing I only have to deal with minor blemishes such as post- acne marks on my left cheek, and two small red patches on my forehead. This foundation can cover very minor discolorations if layered twice on the skin.

WORK IT: The Beauty Junkee suggests that you use a foundation brush to make the most out of the foundation's coverage. If you need extra coverage, use a foundation sponge and dab the foundation on your skin until it is fully absorbed, especially on parts with blemishes and discolorations. If you find the coverage too thick for your liking, apply one layer, and spread evenly with your fingertips for sheerer coverage.

So why name it Perfectly Real if it really can't perfect your skin? Because it doesn't hide your skin in "artificial skin", which is the case with heavy foundation. It provides a thin film that can even out discolorations, and projects skin, making it appear more flawless and healthy. It won't make you look PERFECT, but at least you look PERFECTLY REAL, like your skin is at its best. (I hope you get what I'm saying).

Staying power is great. I have very oily skin, and oil will start seeping from my skin after 4 hours. The matte finish of the foundation helps keep oil at bay.

Overall, I love it. It's probably the cheapest foundation that delivers great results.-- results that are at par with some of the high- end foundation brands that I have come to love.

I have my eyes fixed on their Superbalanced Makeup, Chubby Stick, Dramatically Different Moisturizer, and another foundation which I will know when I see it. :D

Clinique user? What do you love about Clinique, and what will you recommend to The Beauty Junkee? Clinique Newbie? Let me know what you'd like to try from the brand! :D

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. you really look so flawless there..hope to have it too..mahirap kase maghanap ng foundation..yung iba mabigat sa mukha,yung iba, sticky tapos konting init lang parang nangigitim na yung mukha mo..andame ko na ngang na try..glad to see your review..wishing to have it soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alpha: thank you dear! :D This one is the complete opposite of all the things you've said. I'm loving it. It's a keeper. Hey, it's a great Christmas gift for yourself too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Martha... I am currently addicted with Clinique Moisture Surge, Clinique Derma White City Block Anti-Pollution SPF40 PA+++ and Clinique Superbalanced Powder Makeup SPF15/PA+++. These products are awesome... A must-have for me.... I really get my money's worth talaga...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie: thanks for the suggestions dear. I shall check out your favorites. Patay ang wallet if they become my must- haves too. :p

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)