CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE WITH BOBBI BROWN: Creamy Concealer Kit Review

Here’s an initial review on Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Honey/Pale Yellow

PRICE: P2350.00- P2450.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Essences, Powerplant Mall, Rockwell, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: Bobbi Brown counters in Shangri- La Mall, Ortigas and Rustans, Makati City


THE VERDICT:

Bobbi Brown cosmetics is like my beloved man in many ways. It brings out the best in me, makes me happy, keeps me coming back for more, keeps me excited, lust- worthy, and makes me fall in love over and over again.

Speaking of falling in love, Bobbi Brown did it again. I have fallen in love deeply and passionately for their Creamy Concealer Kit.

It’s one of those beauty products that are so worth the moolah. Let me count the ways.





The Creamy Concealer Kit contains an emollient peach- based concealer and a yellow based powder. It helps neutralize dark circles and brighten up your peepers at the same time. It lessens the amount of concealers you’d have to put on your under eyes to erase those dark circles.


Another great innovation is the complementing setting powder. Based on my experience, ordinary shade- matching pressed powders can amplify dark circles, and translucent powders can make concealer look chalky. This wonder powder goes on almost sheer, and almost undetectable. Amazingly, the coverage of the powder is buildable too.


For reference, I have really dark circles, and I’m an NC42. I find that the shade Honey/Pale Yellow suits me well because it looks very natural on me. However, for girls who have medium dark skin tone, you can go up the shade ladder if you find this shade too dark for you. I suggest you go for the shade Natural/Pale Yellow.

So how do you make this thing work? Here’s a quick tutorial.


TOOLS OF THE TRADE: I use my Charm Concealer Brush and Fluff Brush on the BB Creamy Concealer Kit.


STEP 1: Bare under eye. Prep your under eyes by cleaning it thoroughly, and apply an eye cream for a barrier of protection.


STEP 2: The consistency of the concealer is very thick. It is very pigmented too, and a little goes a long way. So lightly dab the tip of the concealer brush on the concealer and apply it on your under eye in an inward motion. It helps fill in the fine lines for a younger look. Make sure that the whole under eye area is covered with concealer.

Some (including myself) might find that the concealer will look a bit streaky after a few brush strokes. Don’t panic. You’re not yet done. You’ll only need the concealer brush to apply and spread the concealer on your under eyes. Using your clean middle finger, dab the concealer on your under eye for it to completely settle. DO NOT RUB. You’ll just wipe the concealer off your under eyes.


STEP 3: Lightly swipe a fluff brush on the setting powder and gently dust it on your under eye in a careful but swift inward motion. Layer the powder on if you wish.

This thing amazingly conceals dark spots too!


NAY.


YAY!


So here’s moi, wearing the BB concealer kit. Where did my dark circles go?!

In spite of its creamy consistency, it stays put the whole day without settling in to fine lines. It doesn’t cake, fade, and streak. It’s perfect for a country with a humid weather such as ours.

Of course. I will repurchase.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Great review! It makes such a huge difference and thanks for the tips on how to apply. =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. jackie: thanks for dropping by too dear! :D glad it helped! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sa tips to apply concealer I'll be needing that haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. how would you compare this to mac studio finish? I've been using this for years, and I'm looking for a new concealer to try. I have really dark circles and fine lines under my eyes. Please help! Thank you Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. melanie: go! I really swear by it. inuunti- unit ko nga! :D

    care gumin: hello dear and welcome to my blog! :D

    MAC Studio Finish used to be my HG concealer, but I guess I've already moved on from it. I love its coverage, but hate that it settles in to my fine lines during wear. It has a tendency to look cakey too!

    Between this and MAC, i'll go for this anytime because the setting powder works wonders! :D

    hope this helps! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am thinking of getting this but it's kinda pricey.. can you suggest concealers in the range of 500-1000 pesos that will work well in terms of coverage and smooth application? thanks a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. carmi: hmm...you could check out revlon's photoready concealer because i've read favorable reviews about it, but haven't tried it myself. But since this is such a good product, I recommend that you buy it as a xmas gift for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel so lucky to encounter this kind of beauty tips and advice. I follow your step. Hope that it has a good effect on me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Martha! Can this be used on your lids as well? I really want to try this but I'm still contemplating because of the price tag... tee hee!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  10. ashley: you're welcome, ashley! :D

    apol: hi dear! sorry for the date reply. of course! concealers can be used on lids as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)