FLAWLESS FINISH IN A BRUSH: Sigma's F80 Flat Kabuki Brush Review

Here's an initial review on Sigma F80 Flat Top Brush

PRICE: $16.00
PLACE BOUGHT: FREE
OTHER LOCATIONS Sigmax Online



"This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup F80 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned. Made of Synthetic Sigmax HD filament" (Taken from sigma beauty.com)


THE VERDICT:

The only brush I use in applying liquid, mousse, and cream foundation is the traditional Foundation brush. Good thing Jessica of Sigmax sent me this baby when I've decided to become a Sigma affiliate. After my first few usages, I was already so hooked on it, and methinks my traditional foundation brushes will go on a hiatus.

The traditional stippling brushes is said to be the most helpful brush in applying liquid make-up. I beg to differ. Those long bristles are not helpful at all. They absorb most of the liquid, and leave you with a streaky- looking finish if you don't know how to use the brush properly. I've tried it myself, was sorta' fine with the way it imparted foundation on my skin, but I'm hating the fact that it eats most of the foundation. I find it useful when used in applying pressed and loose finishers.


The F80 brush is a flat top foundation brush that's meant to be used on liquid, cream, and mousse make-up. It's fashioned after the traditional stippling brush, but with shorter white bristles.


It's more dense than the traditional stippling brush, since it's really a Kabuki Brush




So how do I find it? I've tried it on two kinds of foundation: Liquid and Cream. Find out the results!


TESTING ON: Liquid Foundation


Bare Face


Yves Rocher Flawless Finish Foundation buffed with the brush


TESTING ON: Cream Foundation


Bare Face


The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals Cream Foundation buffed with the F80 brush.

I'm lovin' this because of the short white bristles. It doesn't absorb too much make-up, and it gives your face an even coverage. It also gave me a lovely flawless finish sans the thick look. I've also noticed that my facial marks were significantly concealed without the help of a concealer. Thanks to the Sigmax HD Filament hair fibers!

The brush is very soft, not to mention it's cruelty free. The handle is grip- friendly too! If there were a caveat, it would be the brush itself. It's so dense, you might have a hard time rinsing and drying it. If you have this, and you're loving it so much, I suggest that you get a back up!

For more Sigma brushes, view their blog and online catalog HERE.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. another good post na naman Ms.Martha. I love your foundations, it covers the blemishes! Pero I have a question Ms.Martha, why do kabuki brushes seems to be so expensive?? specially yang Sigma brushes? (it's expensive for me kasi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! could you recommend an online seller here of authentic sigma brushes? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: hi there! I'm sorry, but I don't anyone who's selling authentic sigma brushes locally. I got mine from the company. They sent it to me when I joined their affiliate program. :) You can try searching in multiply. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)