PLEASE HELP LOLA CEVERA ABUAN

I would often see Lola Cevera around C5 since it was my route for the last four years to get to school. Up to now, I still see her, and seeing her still in such a tough situation would always bring me to tears. I agree with the writer, and I pray that Ms. Vicky Morales sees this, and she'll choose to help Lola Cevera in her show soon. When I pass C5, I hope I see her, and I will really go out of my way to help her.

Reposted from Vin Vin Jacla of THE GAY LIFE OF VINVIN


December 15, 2011


I just really hafta share this. Swear. This is from Rachel. This is the least I could do (for now).Given the chance, I would also like to help Lola Cevera. Kindly tell me how.

From Rachel: Lola Cevera's frail body having difficulty pushing her cart.


“Lola Cevera Abuan” is a 100 year old woman who was pushing her cart along Greenmeadows Avenue at half past 12 noon today. I passed by her already and could see how frail her body was from my rear view mirror that I just had to go back and give her my lunch. So, I made a U-turn, parked my car and went down to talk to her.

I asked her what she was doing there and where she was headed. She responded in a little tagalog saying “namamalimos po ako”(asking for alms) but she started speaking in Ilocano so it was difficult for me to understand her and aside from this, she has a hearing problem. I just handed her my food, gave a little amount to hold on to and made a gesture for her to eat. Then she asked if it was 12:00 noon already so I just nodded and told her to eat. I was both sad and happy to talk to her. Sad because this woman should be cared for at this age(She reminded me of my mom who was Ilocana whom I called right after I got home and told her about Lola Cevera. I was telling my mom should move more and continue her therapy so she would reach 100 years old..hehe)

And I was also happy, because I saw her face light up the moment I gave her something, she kept on thanking me. I am just worried for Lola Cevera cos I found out she crosses C5 everyday.

I don’t want her to be sideswiped or be a hit and run victim. Family and friends, I still would like to help Lola Cevera so I would like to ask a bit of favor from you. I hope this will reach “Ms. Vicky Morales of Wish Ko lang” and grant Lola Cevera something to help her get by, without having to walk several kilometers to ask for alms. I would be so grateful to all of you who will do Lola Cevera the favor of posting/sharing this on your wall. Thank you so much for your compassion and God bless us all. P.S. To Ms. Vicky Morales, I hope you can help Lola Cevera. I was able to pick up from her that she stays in San Roque St. in Bagumbayan along Industria. Thank you so much and more power to your show.

I feel like crying. It's Christmas.... Mwah! X.O.X.O.VinVin


Dear fellow bloggers and readers, I hope Lola Cevera's story has touched your hearts. Let's make her story viral by posting about it in our own pages. It will really mean so much to her. I assure everyone, God never sleeps, and have faith that he will repay your kindness.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. I don't know Lola Cevera and I'm from Davao so I vaguely know which part of C5 that is. :D But anyway, old people, who journey alone to ask alms, always put me to tears. I hope tweeting about this blog can help. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really heartbreaking to see her like that..i pray that Ms. vicky morales would help her...all i can do for now is to share this one to my friends and hope it can touch someones heart and help her out.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to share that Lola Cevera's story reached Vicky Morales' Wish Ko Lang program. They featured her story & extended her help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. zed, alpha, and precious: thanks for taking the time and effort to share your thoughts. yes, lola cevera was already featured. it will be a very, very happy xmas and new year for her. let's continue supporting programs like Wish Ko Lang, that never ceases to help those who need help the most. merry xmas girls. :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)