Review: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Half N' Half

Here's a review on MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Half N' Half

PRICE: P1000.00
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, Powerplant Mall
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC STORES AT: Rustan's, Glorietta 3; Shangri-La Mall, Ortigas; Marionnaud, SM Mall of Asia; Trinoma, QC; Ayala Center, Cebu City


THE VERDICT:

Half N’ Half is a nude shade with a tender peach undertone. It’s somewhere in between a nude and tinted lipstick ‘cos I find that in spite of it’s lightness, the shade somehow pops out from my face. The shade doesn’t wash me out, so I highly recommend it to my fellow morenas.



It’s very moisturizing because the formula is Amplified Crème. Amplified Crème is my most favorite MAC lipstick formulation because it’s nearly as opaque as the matte variants, but not as drying.


I like pairing Half N’ Half with Nars’ Gina Blush for a summery glow, or MAC’s Blush Ombre in Springshine for a Bronzed look. It’s also a great choice to complement corporate looks! Methinks it will also look good with orange/cream, green/gold, or brown/bronze eyeshadow combinations.

How about you? What would you pair with Half N’ Half?

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. i would love to pair it with brown eyeshadow..it looks seductive at the same time..and yes! perfect for morenas,,i just saw my classmate use the same shade of lipstick and i would love to try it myself..though MAC is quite expensive ;D

    thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha!

    I love that lip color. Shades like that are quite hard to find.

    Btw, I sent you an e-mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the shade!! Must save up for this! :)

    Gem
    http://gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! That shade looks absolutely gorgeous on you! :)

    Bec of http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your skin so naturally flawless, bagay yung shade sayo^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both blush and lippie look gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ganda ng color sis. Wala ako MAC lippy and I'm looking for a cheaper dupe for a nude shade. Before I have N.Y.X. in honey na nude shade but parang off sya sakin. I hope you can share a post on nude lippies na ok sa fair skin. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. alpha: great choice dear! :D

    trina: thanks! hello! I'll check it tomorrow. :) Just logged in to approve comments. Internet's really slooowww. :P

    Bec: thank you Bec! :D

    hello miss purple! thank you! :D

    shalini: thank you and welcome to tbj! :D

    kath: hello dear! I'll try doing that post, but it's hard 'cos I don't have fair skin eh. haha. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. This lipstick looks great on you. Not sure if I could pull it off though.

    xo

    crosswiredreamers.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. crosswire dreamers: hello! :D thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww! you look gorgeous! hoping someday I can own such an expensive lipstick like MAC Y_Y

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice shade! bagay sayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AW, I so miss commenting on your blog Ms.Martha! I've been very busy this past few days, at magiging busy pa din sa mga susunod na araw, so maybe I'll just set nalang a certain day para mag-online then dun nalang ako magbabasa ng mga recent posts po ninyo.
    Anyway, MAC is always the perfect lippy for you! Kahit bold or neutral / nude colors, suits you well talaga!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)