Review: Davines Naturaltech Well Being De Stress Muesli and Yogurt Shampoo+Creme Yogurt Conditioner


Here's a review on Davines NaturalTech Well Being Hair Care line

PRICE: Shampoo (P1,085.00) Conditioner (P1,310.00)
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Davines is available in all leading salons around the metro


THE VERDICT:

Whenever I feel like taking a long and relaxing bath, I bring out my salt glow scrubs and these De Stress hair products from Davines. I associate the feeling of relaxation with fragrances, and these products really do it for me because they smell good!

DSMY Shampoo is a rich, moisturizing cleanser that relaxes your senses as you rid your hair and scalp of dirt and grime. It doesn't lather up well because it's all- natural, meaning it may have less or no SLES and SLS ingredients, although I have to admit that I find the consistency of this shampoo pretty weird as I associate suds and bubbles with 'thorough cleansing'. But I trust that it's doing its job. Low foam products are becoming prominent nowadays because more and more people are becoming aware of the threats posed by SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfates) and SLS (Sodium Lauryl Suflate).

DESCRIPTION (taken from fourseasonsproducts.com):

Benefits: Cleanses, tones and refreshes hair and scalp. Good for frequent washing as it protects the hair during washing.

Active ingredients: Yogurt with nourishing action and vitamins. Wheat proteins with conditioning and moisturising action. Extracts of calendula and hops with soothing action.


It smells like a bowl of dried fruits drenched in yogurt. The scent is very uplifting, calming, and rejuvenating. The divine smell lasts all day too.

However, it could make hair feel very dry after rinsing, so I wouldn't advise this to people with dry and curly locks. I always follow it up with Davines' DSCY (De Stress Creme Yogurt), or any kind of conditioner to make my hair soft and manageable.

Caveat: The cap. It's so hard to open! I ended up breaking it in one of my bath sessions. :(


DSCY is DSMY's complementing conditioner. Just like DSMY, it's all- natural and all good. It has the same scent as DSMY. However, for a conditioner, I find it weird that it makes hair 'hard' upon application. But upon rinsing, my hair becomes magically soft, and that softness stays until the end of the day.

DESCRIPTION (taken from fourseasonsproducts.com):

Benefits: Moisturising cream for normal or dry hair. Adds essential mineral salts and profound nourishment to the keratin structure, often damaged by pollution and atmospheric aggression.

Active ingredients: Yogurt with nourishing action and vitamins.Red algae with moisturising action. Minerals sales with remineralising action. Protective sunscreens.

Both products are superbly lightweight. It also keeps my hair shiny and bouncy all throughout the day. The products didn't cause my scalp to flake!

I would recommend this to people who are willing to splurge on hair products. As for me, I think I wouldn't be buying these again because I don't really spend a lot on hair products.

Methinks it will also suit people with sensitive or hyperreactive scalp. It is also made up of beneficial and natural extracts that soothe skin. But don't take my word for it. It is still best to seek professional advise in managing any skin condition.

The NaturalTech hair care series comes in seven collections: Nourishing, Energizing, Purifying, Detoxifying, Well Being, Awakening.Relaxing.Tailoring, and rebalancing.

BTW, Davines has recently revamped their packaging. The DSMY shampoo and conditioner may not come in these clear plastic bottles anymore. Instead, they'll come in recycled brown plastic tubes and bottles. Just don't be confused and keep the name of the products in mind when you purchase.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. wow,, parang ang laki g bottle ^__^ update po sa price ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect for summer..masyadong mainit kase na nakaka dry ng hair..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine DacanayMay 2, 2012 at 8:48 PM

    i wonder how pricy that is. mmm for me, dove shampoo works well na. and smells really good pa :) before, i only use dove bar for my hair LOL =))

    try this! i clean well the dropper bottles from hair dyes (oh you know, the bottle where you're supposed to mix the developer and the whatever. the one with the long, thin nozzle)and transfer my shampoo there. it's handy, not too bulky and i can control the amount pa. no spilling pati.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure pricey and product na itech. hehe pero the good thing is all-natural sya. I've read lots of articles about SLS on shampoos (specially those super foamy). Nakakatakot sya. Sana yung ibang shampoo natin dito sa Pinas, gawing less SLS na din.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice review....how much is this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i won't splurge on these. ok na daw ang pantene and sunsilk sabi ng hair ko. hehe.

    -blahblahblogchef

    ReplyDelete
  7. pa update nga po ng price. coz by the way you're saying it, it becomes more appealing to me! hehe.


    scrubs scrubs! i needed one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)