Review: Ever Bilena Advance HD Mascara


Here's a review on Ever Bilena HD Mascara in Rich Black

PRICE: P250.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Mercury Drug, The Fort, Taguig City
OTHER LOCATIONS: All Mercury Drug outlets; Ever Bilena counters in malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

I got pretty curious at Ever Bilena's newest HD line because not only it is affordable, it is apparently comparable to some high- end foreign makeups out in the market.


The HD mascara comes with two free HD eye pencils. I wasn't able to test them because I gave them to my house helpers. They always get a share of what I have. :)



Tube is pretty sturdy, yet pretty heavy. I don't like bringing this around because it's just too huge.


The wand and the bristles are made of plastic. It would've been better if it were made from natural or synthetic bristles though. These plastic bristles are pretty hard!


It comes with very thin and short fibers that lengthens lashes. By the way, this is more of a lengthening than a volumizing product.

See how it fared on my lashes:


Oops! I applied eyeliner first prior to taking pictures. I hope you could see my bare lashes from this angle.


First Coat


Second Coat


Third Coat

It did a good job at lengthening due to those fibers. But the fibers are so thin and short, they're protruding and staying in all the wrong places. It looks pretty obvious that my lashes has fake extensions here.

It's also not waterproof as advertised, but it holds up well on my lashes. However, it flakes a bit around the end of the day.

When you say High Definition or HD makeups, they should be almost undetectable. But looks like this mascara will not pass Film and T.V. standards. But for normal wear, it's okay. People won't really recognize those weird extensions unless someone looks at your lashes closely.

Will I buy it again? Nope. But if you're a beauty on a budget, I would still recommend it as it's not a really bad product after all. If you end up not liking the product, at least it has eyeliners. I think Ever Bilena's star products are their eyeliners. Methinks it will work well on people with short but thick lashes.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. i've been using this one too ..
    btw, ur really are generous., ur helpers are very lucky :)
    can i apply?hohoho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever Bilena mascara has been my all time fave mascara since when I was in my 1st year college, hehe mura kasi ito lang yung keribels ng budget ko, for everyday use swak na swak na sya, lalo na sa mga students. I've also tried the one mascara, the one in a black fat tube (with fibers)it adds volume naman to my super thin lashes kaso sometimes yung mga fiber pumapasok sa mata ko and it was so itchy.
    Pero since I am into budget friendly products, I think this EB HD mascara does the job naman but not for bonggang occassion. Just for an everyday use. Thanks for the review Ms.Martha, I've been waiting for this post actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. havent tried their mascara but, their makeup is my very first kikay kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this mascara will not work for me. I have thin and short lashes. Kawawa naman ako. Hahaha! But I love EB products <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think their eyeliners are their best products as well. This is a good mascara for the price ha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine DacanayMay 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

    My first concealer was from Ever Bilena! Although not all of their products work well on me, I do like their foundation and blushes! :D No to the eye make up though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im on a budget - check!
    short and thick lashes - check!
    but those with avon's (the supermagnify mascara they have) suits me just well.
    some other time, il try this one out.

    hey, wish im one of your helpers to test out some products. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try their two-way foundation in the advance HD line. The formulation is SO soft, like, I CANNOT believe beauty gurus aren't raving about it yet. You could be the first. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)