Review: Zen Zest's Body Scrub and Lotion in Talc


Here's a review on Zen Zest Exfoliating Body Scrub and Smoothening Body Lotion in Talc

PRICE: Body Scrub (P250.00) Body Lotion (P160.00)
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please refer to Zen Zest on Facebook


THE VERDICT:

In one of our accidental high school reunions, me and my HS friends talked heavily about the prominent stuff we used to have in high school: from pencil cases to Johnson & Johnson's Face Powder. One of the funniest lines I heard was "Uso ka kapag naka-Zen Zest ka. Lalo na yung Raspberry cologne!"

All of a sudden, I remembered how in love I was with Zen Zest, and recalled all the happy memories I've associated with their Raspberry and Tangerine colognes, body scrubs, massage oils, and linen sprays. I may be using other skin care brands right now, but Zen Zest will always have a special place in my heart.

If I'm not mistaken, this is still the same old packaging of their Body Scrubs and Body Lotion. Pretty vintage, eh?



I particularly love using this combo during night time baths. The warm and relaxing scent of Talc instantly lulls me to sleep. I'm also glad to know that it's still the same ol' body scrub I used to love: It's very moisturizing, and the non- abrasive apricot kernel shells effectively exfoliate, leaving your skin soft, smooth, and clean.


I follow it up with their smoothening body lotion in the same scent, which to me, is extremely emollient in spite of its affordability. A lot of cheap lotions in the market are too diluted with water. In spite of its thick consistency, it gets absorbed quickly and doesn't feel too heavy and 'hot' on the skin. The scent lingers for hours as well.

Zen Zest just goes to show you that oldies will always be goodies, and indeed, first love never dies. :)

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. I'm also a big fan of Zen Zest during my college days especially for the fragrance line. I love cosmopolitan cologne and tangerine perfume also seduction perfume.

    You just reminded me that I should go back and buy me some zen zest...hehe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine DacanayMay 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM

    I love love love Zen Zest! Light and fresh smells from them! My bf is quite picky when it comes to "scents." He doesn't like it whenever I wear VS, Burberry, Clinique, ES, Dior...what the hell =)) He loves Zen Zest's Watermelon and Vanilla sprays. Smells so goood :) pretty cheap too. 150 bucks.

    I have yet to try their scrubs.
    I'm quite curious with Snoe's as well. Thanks for the review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. havent tried any zen zest product, you made me want to try this hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. parang gusto ko tong i try..kaso sa tingin ko day off ko lang talaga to magagamit..baka makatulog ako sa work :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hollie: haha. memories. :D enjoy your new zen zest stuff! :D

    alpha: go ahead dear! it's really affordable. :D

    christine: my bf only loves lanolin's éclat d' arpege on me. :) tried zen zest's vanilla cologne too. smells delectable! :D

    chain: huwat!??! then try it na! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, interesting. I've been a fan of their fragrances since I was a tween; one of my forever favorites is "tangerine". And now I like using "Earth". Haven't tried their other products aside from perfumes, though. Hope I don't forget to get and try these skin products next time we hit the mall :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. parang ang bango bango ng Body Scrub, would this help po ba to even out my skin? I mean yung arms ko po kasi, parang may konti syang spot, so uneven yung skin ko. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. im into zen zest tangerine but because of this post, i might wanna try out that scrub and lotion! thnx for this suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im into zen zest tangerine but because of this post, i might wanna try out that scrub and lotion! thnx for this suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)