Review: ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base


Here's a review on ArtDeco's Eyeshadow Base

PRICE: P450.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All Beauty Bar outlets in malls nationwide

THE VERDICT:

A good eyeshadow primer is very valuable. In a country such as ours where humidity and sweat are essential to our lives, we truly need good eyeshadow primers to help keep our makeup (and dignity) intact.

Coming from me, who has been exploring the makeup industry for over three years, I'd have to say that eye primers are not invented for nothing. They really contribute to the overall performance and staying power of eyeshadows. I'd also be honest and say that expensive eyeshadow primer brands are a hundred times better than the cheap ones. But of course, not everyone's willing to shell out a thousand bucks on an eye primer, right?

So here's another good and affordable discovery of mine from ArtDeco. Click READ MORE to know my thoughts on this product.


The product comes in a small screw- top jar. As you can see, the jar is filled to the brim so you get a lot for 450 bucks. I don't need to use a lot, so I'm pretty sure this jar will last me for more than a year.


It has a nice floral scent, and consistency is rich and emollient. Its texture is sort of creamy at first, then it starts feeling silicone-y as I blend it on my eye area. Its color is fleshtone, and it has a lot of silver glimmers in it. Don't worry, it won't look shimmery when you apply it on your eyelids because the glimmers are minute, and they spread out evenly. In fact, the product looks almost invisible on my eyelids! The shimmers also add a nice touch of glow to your lids for brighter- looking eyes.


For an affordable primer, it sure feels like an expensive one. Check out the swatch. I've swatched the blue eyeshadow once on each side to demonstrate the power of ArtDeco's eyeshadow primer. ArtDeco's primer makes eyeshadow colors appear more vibrant. It's cream-to-silicone consistency smoothens out my eyelid surface by filling in creases and lines for easier and better blending of eyeshadows.


TIP: Let the primer bind onto your lids for 2- 3 minutes before applying eyeshadow.

Here's an eye makeup look using ArtDeco's eyeshadow primer. Unlike other eyeshadow primers that harden on your skin and start feeling rubbery after application, this primer still remains smooth even if you leave it to set for more than 5 minutes. I like its smooth texture because it prevents me from creating jagged lines. I also recommend this to beginners because its texture is so easy to work with.


However, it does not make colors waterproof, as advertised. Please take note that I have very oily lids and I've worn the eye primer + eyeshadows for 8 hours. The colors have faded, but I find it forgivable because the primer still has locked everything in place: The shape of my eye makeup look is retained, eyeliner is still intact, and has managed to preserve a bit of color on my lids.

Recommendations:

If you have extremely oily lids, this may still work for you. Go for long- wearing eyeshadow products and pair them up with this eye primer.

If you have normal lids, this will work better on you.

If you don't like tinted eyeshadow primers, go for this.

Overall, it's still a great buy because it didn't cause the eyeshadows to streak and melt, which is the case sometimes with dirt- cheap eyeshadow primers. I would recommend this if you're not attending a grand or special occasion, you're just staying in your office cubicle the whole day, (cold temperature makes makeup last longer) and you just like applying a sheer wash of color on your lids for everyday wear. It works fine, and for its price? Definitely worth it.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Oooh! I like! Affordable and works well! Might go and get this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. peachy pink: go ahead! Let me know how it works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking for a good primer for my oily lids. I will defnitely try this. Thank you Ms. Martha! And I love your brows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a beginner at makeup and I am on the search for a cheap eye primer. Thank you so much for this post! I'll definitely try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this might work for me since i'm just staying in the office for 8 hours + :)and its not that expensive

    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. angela and khyutee: glad you like it girls! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ms. Martha. thank you.
    napabili tuloy akong nito.. dagdag collection. and the result compliment my skin..

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can i avail this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. rochelle: nice to know you're loving it! :D

    anonymous: hello there and welcome to my blog! :D Artdeco is available in all Beauty Bar outlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. :0 I wanted to try this! LAgi ko nakikita sa beauty bar mukang mapapabili ako :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, does it work with matte eye shadows or does it make them shimmery? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Nope, doesn't make matte eyeshadows look shimmery. :)

      Delete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)