Review: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in L'Exuberante


Here's a review on Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in L'Exuberante 37

PRICE: Around 250HKD+ (Around P1,400.00+)
PLACE BOUGHT: Hong Kong International Airport
OTHER LOCATIONS: Chanel Online


THE VERDICT:

Chanel Cosmetics is indeed one of my guilty and expensive pleasures. The overall look and feel of the products is chic. It compliments my personality so much, as well as my preference for things simple and black.

Click READ MORE to see the swatches!



L'Exuberante is a blue- based hot pink that leans a bit warmer than most hot pink lipsticks. I find that the shade compliments fair and tanned complexions. It also makes my teeth look white, and I like the fact that the color makes my lips pop, not scream. (There's a difference between the two)


One of the best assets of the Luminous Velvet Lip Colour- Natural- looking shine without the sheen
and wetness

Honestly, Chanel's lipsticks are dupe-able, but the texture, finish, and feel of their lipsticks are what makes them unique. It's something that most brands couldn't copy, and that's why I love Chanel.

The Luminous Velvet line is Chanel's newest lipstick formulation. I'm not sure if it's available locally though. I've checked Duty Free Philippines, and they don't have it yet. But they assured me that it's arriving in the country soon.

The Luminous Velvet line is comprised of soft and buttery matte lipsticks that are non-drying, glides on easily, and lightweight. It's the new age matte lipstick because it yields a lasting matte finish without the flat look. It's very smooth, and delivers a good dose of color in one swipe.

However, I find that this lipstick is not for everyone, especially if your lips are prone to extreme dryness, flaking, and chapping. It feathers for a bit after a few hours of wear. You may opt to apply lip balm underneath, but I wouldn't suggest it since it will affect the lipstick's finish. I think it's an inevitable con in all matte lipsticks, but at least this one doesn't settle into fine lines and cause your lips to crack. Lasting power is pretty great, although you still have to reapply it during wear.

I would love to have it again but like what I've said, it's a guilty pleasure, and collecting each and every color from the line would be plain ridiculous.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. bagay to sakin.. I have fair and tanned skin complexion..for a change :) beacause I usually use color red and pink lippie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use lip liner here?Ganda ng shape ng lips mo dito Martha. I mean, the texture of Chanel siguro basta di ko ma describe. Maganda kasi sa photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Martha. Your lips looks naturally fuller with this lipstick!.. so attractive..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi martha..the lipstick and its color is just right for you..i loved it!! it's like it made just for you..(super fan?!) :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful lips :) you really love lip products, another one to add in your collection :)

    http://khyutee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)