Hello girls! It's FAN MAIL FRIDAYS once again and here's a good one from Mary Lynne. :)
Hello Ms.Beauty Junkee!
Could you help me w/ my problem? :( I'm turning 19 yrs old next week and I want to get rid of my super oily skin lalo na if it's hot. Parang I feel sticky kapag nasa school ako :( I want to ask what's the best skin care product for oily skin?
PS: i super duper love ur blog!
Hi there Mary Lynne!
Looks like you've asked the right person! I have oily skin too! But thank goodness beauty blogging has made me find ways to deal with it.
Unfortunately, you cannot get rid of oily skin. It is the skin type you're born with, and the best thing to do is accept and love it by finding the right products to help you manage it. Here are some tips on how to find the apt products for your skin type. Click READ MORE and find out. :)
- Oily skinned people are very prone to breakouts so look for products with such labels because they are formulated sans pore cloggers like Mineral Oil. Excessive oil on the surface is enough to keep your pores from breathing, so make sure your face products won't congest your skin.
PORE CLEANING FACIAL CLEANSERS WITH MINT EXTRACTS
- Did you know that Mint helps get rid of excess oil on the skin surface? Apart from that, the cooling sensation it yields tightens up your pores so it won't spew out excess oil. Tighter pores means cleaner and fresher skin surface.
OIL- FREE MOISTURIZERS, GEL MOISTURIZERS
- Go for oil- free moisturizers because you have enough oil to last you a lifetime. Most oil- free moisturizers come in gel form because gel is primarily water- based, ergo very hydrating. If your skin detects that it is well- hydrated on the surface, it will less likely excrete oil.
MATTE, OIL- FREE, LONGWEARING
- When purchasing makeup, look for these words on the label. Oily skin is the enemy of makeup, so make sure your makeup products are industrious enough to last you the whole day.
MARIO BADESCU FACIAL SPRAY
- My current favorite right now. It is an all- natural facial mist that hydrates and sets makeup.
You may opt for traditional makeup fixers, but I would suggest this one because it's gentler, natural, and doesn't clog pores.
OIL CONTROL FILM
- Always keep one in handy, especially on hot and humid days. Most people have the tendency to pile makeup on in order to get rid of excess oil. While this may work, they fail to realize that this technique can clog pores. Whenever oil starts to show, blot away. If you need to retouch makeup and you see lots of oil, blot the oily areas first before reapplying makeup.
There you go! Hope this helps!
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to email@example.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)