Review: Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Tone Perfecting Eye Gel Creme


Here's a review on Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Tone Perfecting Eye Cream

PRICE: P2,950.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in All Laura Mercier counters in Rustan's malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

I always sleep late. In fact, I think it's not an accidental thing anymore. I'd like to believe that I LIKE sleeping late because all my thoughts come rushing in at night. If my mind is overflowing with words and ideas, it is the best time for me to write.

Good thing I have a very reliable eye cream that works overtime to keep my eyes from looking puffy and dull when I wake up in the morning. I have used this religiously for 3 months, and the results are fantastic. I'm almost done with the jar, and methinks I will buy one again when I finish up all my sealed eye creams. (Err..I have 3 more.)

Who would've thought that Laura Mercier's eye cream is one of the bests on this planet? Her brand is known for great makeups, but little did we know that she makes effective skin care products as well. No kidding, this one truly works and I have proof below. But before that, let's check out first the ingredients of this miracle eye gel creme:


Oligopeptide 68- known brightening agent helps to reduce dark circles
Ash Tree Bark extract- known to help reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles
Sodium Hyaluronate- hydrates skin for a smoother appearance

Click READ MORE and see the results!


Why gel and not cream? Because sometimes, cream- based eye creams may not remedy dry undereyes completely. Cream- based eye creams can only soothe external dryness, but they may not be able to penetrate deep into your skin to target the culprit behind it. Gel - based eye creams are great because it's primarily made up of water. Not only does it soothe dry skin, it can also penetrate deep into your pores to heal dryness from within. FYI, creams have bigger molecules and they take time to enter your pores, whereas gels have smaller molecules and they enter your pores quickly.

Another great thing is that it's not a mass- produced or private- labeled eye cream. According to Jeffrey Tasker, International Makeup Artist for Laura Mercier, Laura hired a doctor to formulate this eye cream for her own use. And since it works like magic, she decided to share it to the world by including it in her skin care line. I'm so glad that the doctor who formulated this eye cream truly knows what he's doing!


The consistency is thick, yet it spreads out easily. It also has this nice "watery mousse" texture. It is unscented and alcohol- free so it's really great for the sensitive skin around our eyes. However, it takes a while to be absorbed by the skin so I only use this during night time. I'm always on the go during daytime, so I have to manage my time wisely.

Upon application, I feel as if there's a barrier of water on my skin, and trust me, it feels really awesome! After a few seconds, it starts yielding a cooling effect so it's really great for de- puffing puffy eyes. And when the gel is finally absorbed into my skin, my skin feels fresh, smooth, and tight. It's as if I had a botox shot or something. I also like using this on my lids because it has a nice tightening and lifting effect! :D

Another great thing: You can apply this on top of makeup too. You don't have to worry about caking concealer because it goes right into your skin without affecting your makeup! During midday, when I feel sleepy and my eyes begin to droop, I pat a small amount of this eye creme on my undereyes to keep me looking awake.

After three months of usage, here's how my undereyes look like now:


TIP: You don't need to put a lot! A little goes a long way!

Please refer to the pic on top and compare it with this pic for you to realize how effective this thing is. Notice that my undereye's texture looks smoother, and my dark circle looks lighter. My bags are not puffy anymore. They already look deflated here! See that white cast right in the middle of my dark circle that extends all the way to my cheek? I've never seen that white cast before, and perhaps it's a sign that the eye creme is really brightening up my dark circles!

It's a great product, and I recommend it to just about anyone who's dealing with puffy circles and dark undereyes. It's the perfect product to bring with you to school or work because you can apply it on your undereyes anytime, anywhere. Pop it in your office desk's drawer for an instant pick-me-upper during lazy afternoons at work, and put it in your school bag and dab some on your undereyes when you're feeling sleepy in class!

But always remember that it is still important to eat healthy food, exercise, drink lots of water, and SLEEP ON TIME (personal note to self) to completely get rid of dark and puffy undereyes.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Hhhmmm... did you finish the entire product after 3 months? I still have 2 eye creams I am currently but this one is interesting... Thanks for the post!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. epol apol: hi there! Nope! Still have some left, but I already hit the pan. It's a great thing because that's how fast the product works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never tried eye creams before and this sure sounds effective

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i need this. thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Martha, sa under eye lang ba ginagamit ang eye cream?sorry for the noob question, I'm curious kasi if eye creams should be used on eyelids din. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should probably try this product. It interest my eyes right now. Thanks for the nice post ms.gorgeous.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! this is expensive! it must really work, hihi... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you soooo much for this post Ms. Martha. Ive been working in a call center for 6 years now and the dark circles in my eyes have been my best friend for quite some time now. I think its time for me to befriend this cream from this day on :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting an eye cream and this review helped a lot! Thanks Ms.Martha :) It is quite pricey but I think it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)