Hair Makeover at Entice:The Salon


It's the time of the year again where my hair goes dull, lifeless, and two- toned. Good thing I was invited to try Entice: The Salon's services because my hair is in dire need of a makeover.


Entice: The Salon is a two- story salon located at the new Hanston Square, Ortigas. Color theme is black and white, and I like it. It makes the space look cleaner, brighter, and bigger than what it already is.


I went for a beach brown hair with golden brown highlights. Click READ MORE and see my hair transformation, and know why it's one of the must- visit salons on this side of Ortigas!


Here's Arjun, my stylist for the day. :)


First off, Arjun did my highlights. I chose a very light golden brown color. Can't wait to see the results! :)


Right after having my hair colored, I went for a deep conditioning treatment. Arjun said that it is imperative that you get a conditioning mask right after hair coloring, or a day after it because it helps restore your hair's vitality and luster. Right after hair coloring, your hair is severely damaged, and your hair shafts remain open, so it's the best time to get a treatment in order for the nourishing ingredients from the mask to penetrate the hair shafts easily, and heal them quickly.


The steamer gun helps the hair mask penetrate deep into my scalp and hair.


He's William Wong, International Director and part owner of Entice: The Salon. I must say, he's truly a hair expert! He's also very kind and assuring. He was kind enough to tell me that my hair is severely dry due to various treatments I've had in the past, and my neglect for hair mask treatments. At least I know now what to do to my hair!

Also, he has this unusual way of cutting hair--One of his amazing techniques is that he'll use two scissors simultaneously, and sway it from side to side in a very swift motion. It's pretty scary at first because as he was cutting through my locks, I thought he was already chopping way too much hair. But the result is amazing: My hair looked livelier and healthier, and it also had a bit of shape. If I'm going to sum up his technique, it's that William is focused on giving your hair some attitude, unlike other stylists that only concentrate on getting rid of flyways and dry ends.

He also gave me tons of cool insights on hair care. Here are some of them:

1. You can never have a healthy hair unless you have a healthy scalp (This is my favorite insight. He really told me to pay special attention to scalp treatments, as most people (including me) tend to neglect it because they focus too much on hair. Makes sense!)
2. Don't apply shampoo directly onto your scalp because it makes your hair extra oily
3. Dilute shampoo in water prior to using it so it won't weigh your hair down
4. Conditioner should only be applied on the mid- lengths and ends of your hair. Your scalp has enough oil to nourish the hair parts that fall closely to the scalp.
5. Apply leave on conditioner on your mid- lengths and ends daily to keep it from drying up.


So here's my hair color now. I think this is the lightest I've ever been in my entire life. And I love it! It really enhances my tan!


Different angles of my brand spankin' hair color.


So tell me, how do you like it? Do I look better in this color, or a darker kind of brown?


Please visit Entice: The Salon and ask for William. He's really awesome. You have to see his techniques for yourself!


Now with Marj Sia of The Traveling Heels. Thank you sis and William Wong for this awesome day! :)

Entice: The Salon is located at 1st fl., Hanston Square, San Miguel Ave., Ortigas, Mandaluyong City. Please visit ENTICE: THE SALON ON FACEBOOK for your inquiries.

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Ang ganda. Ang bongga lang ni Mr. Wong! You know Ms.M I really really like your hair color! I want them so badly, kaso they told me na rebonded daw ang hair ko so I can't go with highlights or hair color which is too bright or too light. Nainggit ako lalo ng makita ko picture mo. hehe Looking great! Dark or light, bagay sayo! I am just curious, how much po ang service for hair color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your new look Ms. Martha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. huwaw! i like it. i like your lipstick too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg.omg.omg. i so love your hair martha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty! I wanted to get a hair color but still waiting for hubby's go signal! hahaha!

    Thanks for the hair tips you shared. I am guilty with most of what you said... =D


    I love your new hair color! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips and i like your new hair color. Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nasabi na nila lahat ng positive. G-A-N-D-A :))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi martha! May I know the price for the color and haircut? I'm planning on getting my hair colored again next month (last hair color was march). Upon seeing your post, I was just tempted to try out this salon. Oh also, where is the exact location of the salon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yieee so pretty. :) im dying to have my hair colored. im just waiting for a few months para hindi naman masyadong madry ung hair ko due to frequent treatments.
    the tip regarding taking care of the scalp, rather than the hair always, makes a lot of sense. hmm. must do.

    thanks for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your new look! the color suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you girls! :)

    Anonymous: Hello! Entice Salon is located at g/f hanston square, san miguel ave. ortigas. :)

    Hair color on me is around 2900+ since I have long hair. Highlights is around the same price as well. Hair cut, if i remember it correctly, is around 400+ :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)