Glambox Airbrush Workshop+PRO 5000 Airbrush Kits Launch
I'd like to believe that the professional beauty industry is doing very well nowadays-- Makeup artists are starting to emerge and multiply, and makeup schools are opening all across the country. There is good money in the makeup industry, that some people who used to treat makeup as hobby, would actually leave their present jobs to pursue a degree in makeup artistry. But of course, you have to be really good at it to deserve the moolah I'm talking about.
When you hear professional makeup, the word AIRBRUSH MAKEUP is probably the first thing that comes to mind. It has become a pretty prominent technique in the professional beauty scene, and even in personal events like weddings or simple photoshoots. It is because airbrush makeup is very good- it can withstand long hours of wear, sweat, tears, and oil. It requires minimal retouching, and looks very good in photos. Suffice to say, Airbrush Makeup has been a favorite by many pros because it keeps up with the demands of their work.
Speaking of airbrush, Glambox Airbrush Cosmetics, a local airbrush makeup equipment brand has just launched a new baby: The PRO 500 Airbrush compressor. It's their most sophisticated baby to date: It's a compact, low noise compressor with a higher PSI function. (PSI is used to refer to the compressor's working pressure) It can also accommodate body airbrushing! This machine is intelligent as well because it shuts down on its own when it starts to heat up, and puts itself to sleep mode (for power save) if you forget to turn it off!
This is the airbrush gun: It has a beautiful silver polish, bigger barrel, (the U-shaped barrel where you put liquid makeup) and a two- way trigger that controls air and liquid flow independently of each other.
Glambox's foundations, luminizers, color adjusters, cheek colors, and thinners plus this cute machine called the mini airbrush kit, which is good for personal and facial use only.
Click READ MORE and see the entire workshop!
GLAMBOX AIRBRUSH MAKEUP WORKSHOP BY NOI SUBADE
- Noi is a PRO makeup artist who formerly worked for Bobbi Brown Singapore, and is currently an airbrush specialist for Glambox. He showed us how to use Glambox's new PRO 5000 airbrush compressor, plus taught us how to do airbrush makeup like a pro.
1. CONCEAL- Airbrush foundation adheres so well to the skin, and one will have a hard time blending creamy makeup products on it. So it's best to conceal your undereyes or any facial discoloration prior to applying foundation.
2. SWATCH- Find your shade match by testing Glambox's foundations on your jaw line.
3. ADJUST PRESSURE- Turn the airbrush compressor on, let it warm up for a bit, and start adjusting the pressure through the dial. For the face, 15- 20 PSI is enough. For the body, crank the dial up to 30-40 PSI. If you're using it on a client, you don't want to shock her by blasting foundation onto her face, so check the pressure first by holding the gun closely to her hand, pump the trigger for a few times, and ask her if the pressure is good enough.
4. POUR AND MIX- Pour your desired foundation into the barrel. Mixing is optional though. If you've found your exact foundation match from Glambox's selections, mixing is not necessary. But if you can't find any shade that matches your skintone, you can adjust their foundation shades by mixing some color adjuster with it.
Mixing technique: Press the trigger gently and downwards to mix the foundation and color adjusters. You'll know that you're doing it right if the mixture starts to bubble up. You may tilt the gun left and right to mix it thoroughly. Be careful not to spill the content.
Position the gun for at least 6 inches away from the face, and pull back the trigger gently. It's best to use a circular motion when doing airbrush to prevent spotty application. Should you need more coverage, let the first layer dry up completely before applying another one. FYI, you may opt not to set airbrushed foundation with powder. And no, it won't fade, run, nor streak. It's that good!
Marge's skin is good to begin with, so it will be really hard to see any result. But if you'll look at the two photos closely, you'll realize that airbrushing has just improved her skin's tone. I think that's the idea of airbrush makeup: it improves your skin without changing it completely, nor making it appear as if you really have a lot of makeup on your face. That's why it's a favorite in print, T.V., and film!
Noi also did the leopard look on our model of the day, Diane. You can actually apply blush, concealer, eyeshadow, or even brow makeup using the airbrush compressor. That is, if you're already an expert like Noi. :)
AIRBRUSH HANDS- ON WORKSHOP AND CONTEST
Glambox gave away a PRO 5000 starter kit to the blogger who did the best makeup on the mask. Our Judge for the day was Cindy Go.
Nikki looking so serious while doing her mask's makeup. :D
My crash course with the airbrush compressor- I didn't have a hard time using it. It's no- fuss, and very newbie friendly. I even felt like a PRO makeup artist when I was using it already!
My work. Watcha think? You like it? :)
Sailor Moon! Lol.
Beautiful works by (Top) Noi, Angela, Martha, Crissy, (Bottom) Marge, Nikki, Kat, and Phoebe.
The very lucky girl who took the prize home was Crissy! Congrats dear! The win was well deserved!
With Valerie and Andrea, owners of Glambox Airbrush Cosmetics.
What a fun event! See you soon girls!
Introducing Glambox's new PRO 5000 Airbrush Kits:
STARTER KIT (P19,500.00)
One of each: Thinner /Cleaner(used to clean the gun), Foundation shade and Cheek color of your choice
Sixteen Bottles (All Colors): 5 Foundation + 3 Cheek Color + 2 Luminizer + 3 Adjusters + 3 Thinner/Cleaner
For more info, please visit GLAMBOX AIRBRUSH COSMETICS on Facebook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.