Review: Illamasqua Powder Blush in Hussy


Here's a review on Illamasqua Powder Blush in Hussy

PRICE: $26.00 (Approximately P1,000.00+)
Bought From: Sephora.com
Other Locations: Locally, it is available through pre-ordering from various Facebook and Multiply online shops; Illamaqua's official website
THE VERDICT:

Finally, I got my hands on another product from one of my favorite brands, Illamasqua. Thanks to my GCASH American Express Virtual Card! Initially, I wanted to order a back up of my HG Skin Base Foundation, but thought of trying something new. This time, I got the powder blush, which is also one of their best- sellers.

Ingredients


Illamasqua's blushes come in two finishes: Shimmer and Matte. The pans are quite huge too!

Click READ MORE for my detailed review!



ILLAMASQUA BLUSH IN HUSSY IN DETAIL

Packaging is made from a durable type of glossy plastic. It's lightweight, albeit a little chunky and wide in terms of width.

Just being a little nitpicky here, but I find that the pan is quite hard to open!


Hussy is described by Sephora.com as a 'bright petal pink' color. On the pan, it does stay true to its description but on warmer skin tone like mine, it looks a little salmon pink, with pink being the more dominant color. I guess the shade adjusts to the skin tone of the wearer. It's good and bad at the same time: It's good because the shade automatically matches your skin tone, and bad because those who fell in love with the color on the pan may not get the actual payoff on their skin. As for me, it's a good thing because I know that it compliments my skin tone better.

In comparison with other products: The common denominator with these blushes is they're pink borderline peach, and vice versa. M.A.C's Instant Chic is a pale peach, The Body Shop's Flushed is a little pinker, Nars' Orgasm is more peachy, and Shiseido's Camellia Compact has a tinge of red. I find that Hussy mimics my natural flush better.

ILLAMASQUA POWDER BLUSH IN HUSSY IN ACTION

The blush is unscented, has a silky smooth texture, highly pigmented finish, and awesome staying power. It's not at all chalky, and it's pressed in the pan exactly how I wanted it to be. It's very easy to work with as well: A tap of the brush and I get an ample amount of product, and it only needs a few swipes to make it set properly onto my skin.

I've just realized that all my pink blushes are cool- toned, and Hussy is my first warm pink blush. That said, I think I've made the right decision with it! :D

ILLAMASQUA POWDER BLUSH IN HUSSY RATING


Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Hi ms. martha! hussy looks great on you. i love illamasqua blushes.. what lipstick did you use ms. martha, ang ganda!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks really pretty on you & it's very wearable. I just wish it's available in our local malls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. martha your overall rating is quite confusing XD

    this is great it looks natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww you look nice ms m when you smile, youre so cuteee, love the color medyo lavender

    beautyholygrail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxy: Hi there! Nope, wasn't wearing any lipstick here. :)

    Yette: Same sentiments!

    Jenny: OH! Haha! Typo error! Thanks for pointing it out. Will change that. :)

    Miz Eloise: Thank you! And good observation with the color! Happy New year! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)