Affordable Counterparts of My Pricey Everyday Makeup Essentials
Now the title sounded pretty much like a dissertation, eh? LOL!
Anyway! I got a letter from one of my new readers, Maggie, and she asked if I could feature-based on what I think-good counterparts of the makeups that I use on a regular basis. As you all know, I use pricey makeups most of the time and I'd recommend them any day, but I also understand that not everyone is willing to pay huge sums of money on them no matter how awesome or life- changing they are. So I think this is just a wonderful request! :)
So here's a photo showcasing the makeup stuff I use on a daily basis: Liquid Foundation, concealer, loose powder, brow powder, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lipstick. I normally stick to these products, except that I change brands from time to time.
Now if you click READ MORE, you'll see my recommended affordable counterparts. :)
SPEND: Bobbi Brown Concealer (Around P2,400.00+)
- I like it because it's soothing and moisturizing, and it doesn't cake during wear. The complementing sheer setting powder that comes with it is a great, great plus as well.
SAVE: Zero Kuma Concealer (P895.00)
- Provides the same kind of moisture that I get from Bobbi Brown, it doesn't crease nor cake, and has skin care extracts to boot.
SPEND: Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation (P1,950.00)
- It's a watery, hydrating kind of liquid foundation that keeps my skin looking dewy and healthy, and I like using it on a daily basis because of its overall lightness, yet it covers marks well.
SAVE: L'oreal Lucent Magique Light-Infusing Foundation (P845.00)
- Has the same light, hydrating texture as Benefit's foundation, and yields a dewy look as well. It doesn't really cover much, but its overall finish is good enough to keep you looking pretty and fresh on an ordinary day.
SPEND: Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder (P3,200.00)
- Perhaps my most favorite loose powder to date. It can magically minimize marks yet it remains invisible and ultra light on the skin, and sets liquid makeups wonderfully and effortlessly. I tip my hat to its superb oil- controlling prowess too!
SAVE: Snoe Poudre Extraordinaire (P799.00)
- I find that this is one of those affordable loose powders that has great quality: Its texture is light, it sets liquid makeup quickly, and only yields a tolerable white cast, unlike other affordable loose finishers. It still is a far cry from Bobbi's, but it's quite good enough.
SPEND: Benefit Brow Zings (P1,600.00)
- One of my HG brow products. (And that means, it has a contender already. You'll know about that new favorite brow product of mine soon) It's a great all-in-one product for mapping and shaping brows, and the quality of the powder is the type that doesn't look unnatural even if you layer it on.
SAVE: Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Definist (P359.00)
- I actually like it because it's the only affordable brow product that has impressed me: The powder ain't chalky, and the wax is not too sticky, but the edge of Benefit Brow Zings is, it comes with nifty brow grooming tools.
SPEND: Majolica Majorca Mascara (P795.00)
- Majolica Majorca is the brand that could give a lot of pricey mascaras a run for their money. Whether you're looking for a mascara that will give you volume, length, curl, or all of the above, you'll find it from this brand. It's the brand's star product, I tell you.
SAVE: Colour Collection Triple Effect Mascara (P300.00+)
- One of my best finds last year-this mascara lives up to its name as it can truly curl, volumize, and lengthen lashes! For such an affordable mascara, it doesn't give me crusty, flaky, heavy, and stiff- looking lashes, and it amazingly lasts all day.
SPEND: K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h (P895.00)
- My HG liquid eyeliner to date. This product has actually converted me to being a liquid eyeliner user again! It's so easy to use, and the precise tip helps minimize mistakes, and it's staying power is one of a kind.
SAVE: Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner (P399.00)
- For me, it's the affordable counterpart of K-Palette. It doesn't have that supernatural staying power of K- Palette's, but at least its packaging is similar to it.
SPEND: Bobbi Brown Powder Blush in Pale Pink (P1,300.00)
- I like using this particular blush from Bobbi on a regular basis because I find that it goes with almost anything, whether it's my outfit or lipstick. On top of that, Bobbi, for me, also makes the most flattering pink blushes in the world.
SAVE: BYS Powder Blush Duo (Around P300.00+)
- The lighter pink blush is somewhat similar to Pale Pink, except the quality. But it's quite a good dupe!
SPEND: Nars Lipstick in Funny Face (P1,350.00)
- I change my lipstick brands everyday, but this particular lipstick from Nars is what I use most of the time because it's such a prettifying color, not to mention I like wearing Fuchsia lately.
SAVE: Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Fifth Ave. Fuchsia (P399.00)
- Since we're talking about Fuchsia lipstick, I definitely recommend this shade and variant from Maybelline because the color doesn't look cheap, it's non- drying, and very affordable. Needless to say, it's too good for its price!
That's it! I hope you guys have enjoyed this post. Let me know if you have any comments or questions! :D
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.