Review: Dermalogica Cover Tint in Medium


Here's a review on Dermalogica Cover Tint in Medium

Price: P2,250.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in all Rustan's stores

THE VERDICT:

Do you sometimes get a crinkly, dehydrated- looking, grainy skin texture? I get that a lot especially if I've had long days of not getting enough sleep. To fight this, I triple my weekly dose of Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX along with hydrating moisturizers and while my skin is replenishing water, I use a silicone- like foundation to give me that illusion of a plumper and hydrated skin texture-that foundation is Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric, but alas, I ran out of it now. :p But good news! I found an accessible alternative in Dermalogica's Cover Tint Foundation!

DERMALOGICA COVER TINT IN MEDIUM IN DETAIL

Dermalogica says: "We're not pretty. We're about skin fitness!", hence all their products are geared towards improving skin more than concealing it. They have skin care- based makeup, with skin care being the more prominent aspect here as their products-specifically this one-contain more skin caring components rather than makeup ingredients.

Cover Tint contains light- diffusing agents with Iron Oxides to effectively smooth out skin and conceal fine lines, and has Broad Spectrum SPF20 for maximum sun protection. It comes in three shades only: Light, Medium, and Dark. if I'm not mistaken, this is the replacement of their cult favorite Treatment Foundation. The fans of the latter product are dismayed by this change though. Well, I haven't tried Treatment Foundation yet so I can't say which is better! All I know is I am digging this product so much now because it's a match for my oily skin!

Active ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7%), Octisalate (4%), Oxybenzone (4%). 
Other ingredients: water/aqua/eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methylcellulose, Arachidyl Alcohol, Nylon-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panax Ginseng Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Pearl, Alteromonas Ferment Filtrate, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylpropanediol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891.

It only comes in one size, 40ml. Dermalogica is not a fancy schmancy brand that dwells on pretty designs, so don't expect cuteness let alone a dash of femininity. (Not even a strip of colorful sticker!) It would've been lovely if the packaging had a touch of color, but it's forgivable because its simplicity is not the 'blah' and cheap kind, and it looks professional but not intimidating.

Click READ MORE to know more about this fab, long lasting foundation+primer+moisturizer+sunblock product!



You get two sponge wedges in every box of Cover Tint should you prefer sheerer coverage. I'm telling you now, Cover Tint is pretty rich.

Texture is very buttery yet non- heavy: It feels just like a lavish moisturizer and becomes thin when you spread it. Consistency is non- streaky and applies smoothly, has no fragrance, and does not leave any sticky, wet feeling. It's quite high on silicones so if you break out from this ingredient, do a patch test first. Coverage is full and finish is dewy matte. Medium is a dark beige shade with an olive undertone. It looks a little dark on me though-this particular line is more dark- skinned friendly.

Bare face with ArtDeco Camouflage Cream and Zero Kuma Concealer

Notice in this photo that my skin looks a lil' patchy and there are some lines on the forehead, albeit they are not visible in the photo as they're very small-those micro lines caused uneven skin tone on that part.

One layer of Dermalogica Cover Tint Medium

This product unifies skin tone very well, although it can only cover light to moderate discolorations. It's very good at plumping skin and blurring facial lines. (Check the forehead) I wish it could completely smooth out mini bumps though, but at least it does not impart a white cast on your skin despite its SPF20 content. (No not even a tinge!)

Tired skin? What tired skin!?

Staying power is absolutely fantastic: The first time I wore it, I didn't have to retouch my T-Zone for 8 hours because the silicones and polymers did a good job at stalling excessive oil production on my skin! It's quite sweat- proof, but not the type that you can workout in as it has the tendency to run off for a bit if you perspire outrageously. It sits comfortably on the skin, giving you the feeling that your pores aren't blocked or there isn't a pile of silicone covering your face. Oh since it has silicones already, you don't need a separate primer for this one. I also noticed that my skin feels very soft even if I've been wearing it for hours already-maybe Sodium Hyaluronate was working overtime there!

It's Botox in a bottle! :) It pretty much works like Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric, except that this product failed for a bit at the smoothing department. If you are in your 20's and already have small lines around your face, a plumping foundation like this one will seal the deal for you as you wait for your wrinkle- repairing creams to fix the problem. Truly fits oily skin and moderately dry skin because it has a moisturizing factor to it. To me, it's also a legit skin care- based foundation (Check the ingredients!) and perfect for days when I want to get the benefits of foundation, sunblock, moisturizer, primer, and serum in one squeeze.

DERMALOGICA COVER TINT IN MEDIUM IN DETAIL


Please visit RUSTAN'S' on Facebook for more information about the Dermalogica brand.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. did you use setting powder here ms. m?the product looks promising :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw the overall rating and i must say that this one is a good product =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH This sounds so promising. My super dry skin oils up A LOT with silicone based primers so I'm hoping this product will give me the benefits of silicone without that extra oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good product. I might buy this as soon as I saved up :) super pricey. Thanks for this review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I need this in my life! I barely get enough sleep, it's ridiculous :/ But then, like all great products, this comes with a price :)

    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive recently found out that my moisturizer is th culprit for the white cast on my photos! If this one doesnt give a tiny bit of that cast then its a good buy for me. im not so keen on skin care but i think i need to start now that im not getting any younger. I should be worried of the lines on my face. Plus i have oily skin, this product is for me! Thanks for this entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CJ: yes. :)

    Rmi: That's true! From makeup, I'm now starting to invest in skin care. :D

    Angel: Indeed! But with all great (and pricey) products, more or less, they deliver!

    Louise: Thanks! :D

    Febmin: Thank you! :D

    Itsmefati: Welcome! :D

    Beauty By Tellie: Hope they have a sample of this in the Rustan's so you can try it out-haven't checked this brand in a while. :)

    Rhain: One of my favorites to date! :D

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)