Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder Review


Here's a review on Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder

Price: P800.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available via authorized Mary Kay Beauty Consultants

THE VERDICT:

I had Laura Mercier's translucent loose setting powder before and I liked it because it's really translucent and contains microscopic shimmers that just disappear onto my skin and give me this fake, but nice glowing look. On dull skin days, I also use it as an overall highlighter because it's very light and gives me the right amount of glow that my skin needs. It's a lil' pricey and the closest thing to experiencing this multitasking powder is through Mary Kay's Translucent Loose Powder-it's a close dupe!

MARY KAY TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER IN DETAIL

This is one of Mary Kay's newest base products. It claims to be silky, fine, light, and universal for any skin tone. It's fragrance- free, dermatologist- tested and non-comedogenic.

Ingredients

More about this loose powder that gives a soft focus finish after the cut!


The jar's resealable sifter is brilliant, and it's enough to make me want to buy the product. You just fit your pointer finger and thumb on the 'switches', twist to left or right to open or close the product. No more spilled powder in your bag, dresser, or makeup kit, and the powder won't explode right at your face when you open the cover. Some of Laura Mercier's loose powders are in this type of packaging as well, and how I wish other loose powder brands would follow suit.

This product is damn fine and silky, and you could almost feel that it's weightless if you dip a finger in the powder. Compared to Laura Mercier's, the shimmers in this one are more noticeable so it's almost like a combination of the said product and Laura Mercier's best- selling Starlight Powder. It's pretty low- dusting, a tiny amount can cover a lot of facial area, and it sets liquid bases almost instantly. I find that it's not completely translucent, but rather sheer as it tends to give a teeny weeny white cast on morena skin tone especially if you apply a lot and don't buff it properly. My fair- skinned friends don't have any problems with it though. The shimmers just disappear onto my skin and give off this 'healthy' effect.

MARY KAY TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER IN ACTION

Benefit Boi-Ing Concealer + Shiseido Natural Concealer + Bobbi Brown BB Creme

One layer of Mary Kay Translucent Loose Powder

I like that it still allows the dewy effect from the BB Creme to peep through, plus the shimmers have just enhanced the dewiness even more, but without looking over-the-top. I also noticed that it reflects light on top of the skin resulting to diminished pore appearance, wrinkles, and even gritty skin texture.

Wear time is pretty okay. It stalls oil up to 3 hours, but I wish it were longer though. It keeps liquid bases intact the whole day and I didn't break out from it. I also use it to enhance the finish of my matte liquid bases and sometimes, even as an under eye brightener because it's light, sheer, and kinda' minimizes the appearance of dark circles. If you need to light up your face for a little, but don't know how to work illuminating liquid bases and traditional highlighters, this product will save your life: just sweep it all over your face lightly and you're all set! Regarding Laura Mercier, it's a great powder overall and a lot of people swear by it so I think it's still worth trying. If you prefer not spending over a thousand bucks on a powder, however, this would be good!

MARY KAY TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER RATING


Please visit MARY KAY PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about this product.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. It's smart that the packaging can be closed or opened during every usage. It is always best to minimize spillage so that the product will go a long way. Your face looks really fresh here. This looks like a great product, too bad that the wear time is not that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some of Bobbi brown products also has this type of sifter. They are a great iwas-kalat on our kikay kits. Are they micro / super fine? That one layer on your skin looks great, flawless look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to give this one a try. I've been using the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder, however, this could be a cheaper alternative to it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how i really wish other brands would follow this type of packaging...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that this doesn't make your skin looks dry. Thumb's up for the packaging, but yeah, I hope wear time lasts longer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review. This powder is on my shopping list now ;)

    makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reall need to keep up with my Mary Kay account..hahaha..I could save more that way :D Anyone else wants, lets do a group purchase to save more ...lol!

    I am very stressed... I need to buy something...literally...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat C and Rizza: Yeah, wish it could control oil longer!

    Winnie: Hey, you don't have to spend when you're stressed. :D Just go out for a walk, read a book, or exercise. These are good therapies, but much cheaper than shopping. :D

    Makeup De Mon and Febmin: Let me know how you girls like it! :D

    Issa: True! Especially for my fave Essence fix and matte powder. :D

    Aiz: Welcome, Aiz and welcome to my blog! :D

    Marjorie: Yes, it's pretty fine and very airy. :)


    ReplyDelete
  9. its a great product but mary kay is kinda hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)