FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: My Go- To Fashion Brands
Hey guys! Let's talk about fashion today. Do you have your preferred fashion brands/boutiques? For me, yes due to sizing matters. I have a huge arse and it always gives me a hard time finding clothes that don't only fit, but fit nicely as well so when I find a brand that offers clothes for my booty type (haha), I stick with that!
If you can relate to my story or your body type is lean, voluptuous, and muscular (like mine), you will find nice- fitting clothes from these brands-they're my favorite brands as well. Thank you, Wilma, for this question!
I noticed that we both have the same body type and that is curvaceous and I'd like to know, where do you buy your fashionable clothes? You seem to know where to find all these curvy body- friendly clothes. I would appreciate your recommendations.
First and foremost, I salute you for embracing your body type! Now I digress. If you only knew what it took me to find brands with clothes that fit my body type. It took me thousands of pesos wasted on ill- fitting clothes and how I wish I knew before what I know now--how I wish, too someone told me that these current favorite brands of mine offer the best clothes for my body type-I could've saved a lot of money and time, but there's no use crying over spilled milk so I just charged that to experience. :p
Here's my simple rule when it comes to settling for a fashion label: The clothes should not only fit-they should fit like a glove, too. I find that this principle narrows down the search for me, always, and it saves me a whole lotta' time and money. I can actually find a couple of good clothes from a lot of brands, but these are my go- to fashion brands at the moment because they generally offer better sizing plus their styles are right up my alley. Revealing these fashion brands to you after the cut.
- Just because...Basics. You all know that I'm a basic gal when it comes to fashion, thus Uniqlo tops my list. Also, Japan- made clothing have really good quality and they're really worth the purchase. Uniqlo is my go- to denim brand because of their stretchy jeans.
- I like F21 for the variety and affordability, although quality of the clothes ain't that good, to be honest. But if I need something affordable and trendy, it always seals the deal for me. I personally like F21 for their super cute tops and shorts.
3. THE RAMP AT CROSSINGS
- I support this brand just because most of the labels are proudly Pinoy. And when it comes to trendy styles, the brands at The Ramp are right up there with F21, too.
- I'm always in collared shirts because fyi, this is my most favorite article of clothing. My preferred brand is Lacoste because by far they have the best body-hugging polo shirts. I collect Lacoste shirts, too! :)
5. UNDER ARMOUR
- For my exercising gear, my go- to brand at the moment is Under Armour because their clothes are perfect for high impact exercises, my kind of exercise, and the sizes are friendly to curvy and muscular ladies. My favorite brand for workout gear used to be Nike until their sizes got smaller and weirder. :p
- Promod has the chicest tops I've ever seen and I love how they elevate casual dressing to a more stylish level. That, plus their clothes fit me really well, too. :D
- I go for Mango for my corporate wear needs. I need a lot at the moment since I already launched my biz and I've meetings here and there, left and right almost every day. Mango's clothes have superb quality and they last for a while, and I like the timelessness of the designs.
My secondary favorites: Wisdom at Archaeology, Powerplant Mall, Apartment 8, Details, and SM GTW.
Any curvy ladies out there who can contribute to the list? Let's grow this list and help out each other. :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
Join my 6th Anniversary MEGA Thanksgiving Giveaway (Open to local and international readers). Bigger prizes await 12 winners. Over 200k worth of beauty products and treatments to be won! Click HERE to join! ;)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.