Happy Socks 100 Happy Acts + 5 Easy Ways To Spread Happiness
Ever since I saw the movie 'Pay It Forward', I've always fantasized about starting a movement where the participants will pledge to do at least three good deeds everyday for one whole year and see how it will change their lives.
And that fantasy just came true in Happy Socks' 100 Happy Acts event.
Founded by Mikael Söderlindh and Viktor Tell, Happy Socks is a Swedish inner wear brand that has recently landed in the Philippines. Apart from 100% combed cotton socks for the young and not-so-young, they have boxers and under wears, too. Their mission? Simple. To spread joy with their fancy, colorful, ultra edgy, and bright designs.
Adult pairs are at P649.00 each and Kids pairs are at P799.00/set of two.
Looks like a lot of people share my sentiments in making the world a happier place, three good deeds at a time! Here's Liz who attended the event with me-she's changing into her chosen pair because the event was also a sock party! :D
More about this brand and I'll share with you five easy peasy ways to become a beacon of happiness after the break!
Have you ever seen a sock brand with sizing? Happy Socks could very well be the first, at least for me! Happy Socks adults has sizes ranging from 31-36, 36-40, and 41-46. As for kids, sizes depend on age range (e.g. 2-4 yrs. old; 4-6 yrs. old). I've always thought that socks are supposed to be a "one size fits all" kind of inner wear, but Happy Socks just made me realize that it's not because it's supposed to fit you perfectly, just like the rest of your outfit.
Happy Socks' designs are some of the quirkiest I've ever seen, not to mention there's a buffet of patterns to choose from: Would you like some stripes to go with your dots? How about a serving of argyle and color blocks? Whatever playful, inspiring design you have in mind, I'm pretty sure Happy Socks has one for you! ;)
Before the event ended, we were all given a box that contained three Happy Socks items. The box had instructions and here are what I got:
1. Give away the boxers
2. Give away a pair of socks
3. Spend time with a friend in a coffee shop
I think there were about a hundred boxes that were given away and each had three happy acts that everyone has to accomplish. So that makes 300 Happy Acts! *Happy dance
So these are the happy tools to help me launch my happy acts: The boxers, I am giving away to a dear friend who has helped me put up my business. The dark blue socks with orange polka dots, I will give to my ever loving and supportive boyfriend. The third long sock is mine-I wore it in the first photo. Now all I have to do is just find time to have coffee with a friend-it's on my list!
Happy Socks is a simple reminder that happiness is present even in something as mundane as a sock and it's just a matter of seeing that it's there! :)
So how can you spread happiness and cheer in an easy way? Here are some of my suggestions:
1. Greet People- Never underestimate the power of a simple "Hello!" or "I hope you're having a great day." Who knows? The people you greet could be in dire need of a happy greeting at that moment and you might just have saved their day or even their life.
2. Call People By Their Names- One time, I greeted a security guard by his name (and his name is Michael) upon entering a building and then I had to stop for bag inspection. After inspecting, Michael told me "Buti pa si ma'm tinawag pangalan ko" (At least 'ma'm' called me by my name). That moment had an impression on me that's why I've been addressing security guards, waiters, baristas, receptionists, sales assistants, and cashier people by their names ever since. To call someone by their name is to acknowledge that they exist.
3. Gift Someone For No Reason- Gift giving is a common practice, but only when the day is special. How about if it's just an ordinary day? It only takes YOU to make it special. Try giving a gift to someone you admire or love even if the day isn't special. When they ask why you're gifting them, just make up stuff like "Today is Awesomeness Appreciation Day and I acknowledge your awesomeness." Your gift doesn't have to be super grand or expensive-a pair of Happy Socks will do. ;)
4. Spread Positivity- If you've come across my personal FB page, you probably saw a ton of reposted quotes about positivity, enlightenment, cat photos and vids, and such. That's because they made me feel good and I always want to share what makes me feel good to everyone. Use Social Media to spread good, always. :)
5. Pray For Someone Everyday- A prayer is the cheapest, most effective way to change someone else's life so do pray for at least one person every single day. Pray for your parents, your siblings, your family, your friends, you countrymen, your politicians, and also, yourself. ;)
Hmmm...I think you can do all these in one day! How about expanding this list to 100? I'd love to read your suggestions and your own Happy Acts list in the comments section!
You can purchase Happy Socks in Dream Lab Lifestyle's Website. For the full list of distributors, please visit HAPPY SOCKS PHILIPPINES on Facebook.
Join my 6th Anniversary MEGA Thanksgiving Giveaway (Open to local and international readers). Bigger prizes await 12 winners. Over 200k worth of beauty products and treatments to be won! Click HERE to join! ;)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.