In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Best Nail Polish for your Skin tone + Apply Nail Polish Like A PRO
Happy first Friday of the year! How's your year going so far? I hope it's awesome! Mine's busy all of a sudden because I'm trying to pull of an event for one of my business' clients, but hey, maybe this is why I got the whole December to rest! :)
Our first Fan Mail Fridays for 2016 features a query from Maybellyn, one of my newest readers. Her question concerns nail polish shades, particularly the ones that will look good on her skin tone and how to apply nail polish like a pro.
Thanks for the question! There are rules when it comes to choosing the right Nail Polish shades for one's skin tone, but the thing with this beauty product is the rules can always be broken; if with eyeshadow, cool- toned girls should stay with cool colors and warm- toned girls should stay with warm- toned colors, with nail polish, it can be the same or the other way around. Remember, Nail Polish is actually an accessory: like fashion accessories, it's meant to give your outfit a pop of color so feel free to choose what you think looks good on you and will make you stand out.
Like what I always say, before you break the rules, you should know them first by heart. Here are the basic rules of choosing nail polish shades that will look good on your skin tone:
1. Light is to cool, dark is to warm- if you have light skin tone, opt for cool colors. If you have dark skin tone, opt for warm colors.
2. Wear Nude for a cleaner look and to make fingers look longer- this is the solution if you have short fingers with uneven skin tone!
3. Nude nail polish should closely resemble your skin tone- so the nail polish won't wash out your skin tone.
4. Medium skin tone will look good on almost any shades- yup, they're lucky.
5. Metallics can make you look more tan- wanna sport a tan? This is the easiest way.
Here are some of my suggested shades per skin tone:
- Fair skin is not a reason to be afraid with vampy colors; just choose one with a hint of color (Dark violet, dark blue, dark pink) so the polish won't make your skin look pale.
- Medium skin will look stunning in frost shades!
- Dark skin shouldn't be a reason to steer clear of light colors; remember to just choose one with a warm undertone.
Photo Credit: tumblr.com
As for applying nail polish, here's a diagram that I found over at Tumblr that will ket you apply it like a pro. ;)
Hope this helped you out, Maybellyn; I hope the rest of my readers liked today's FMF too!
**Got a question on beauty, makeup, skin care, perfumes, fitness, diet, career, love or whatever? Shoot me an email at email@example.com, send it via my POWR form, or drop me a message at my OFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE. Will get back to your questions ASAP!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.