In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: How do you recycle old makeup brushes?
Second day in Cambodia today and the BF and I are off to see Temples today. For now, here's a quick FMF from Trisha.
I have really old makeup brushes that I want to dispose already, but it breaks my heart at the thought of throwing them away considering that a couple are still doing okay. Any suggestions on how to give a second life to old makeup brushes?
I know the feeling. I dispose makeup brushes before and from time to time and it still breaks my heart AF even if I've experienced it for so many times; makeup brushes are our trusty companions when it comes to achieving flawless makeup; we practically use them everyday so it's not easy to let them go especially if we've had them for a time; it's weird that I treat makeup brushes like human friends, but hey, that's why I'm a beauty blogger; I take beauty products like...srsly.
I saw the last installment of Toy Story and in the end, Andy had decided to repurpose Woody, Buzz, and the team by giving them to other kids; it wasn't so bad after all because they've found a new life and you can definitely do the same thing with makeup brushes; here are some cool ways to recycle really old makeup brushes.
1. AS KEYBOARD CLEANER
- My old blush brushes have become keyboard cleaners; I like them better than the intended keyboard brushes because they're softer, thus can get into corners easily.
2. AS A LEATHER CONDITIONER BRUSH
- It is no secret that I am a bag lady; for my synthetic concealer, lip, and foundation brushes, I've reused them as brushes for leather bag cleaning and conditioning solutions.
3. AS DUST REMOVER
- My large powder brushes have seen a new life as a duster for my work table, perfumes, and displays.
4. AS NAIL ART BRUSH
- I don't really do nail art, but for those who do, you can reuse old eyeliner and lip brushes as paint brushes for nail art.
That's all and see you next week! I'm going to explore the great Angkor Wat today!
**Got a burning question on makeup, cosmetics, skincare, fitness, diet, career, life, relationships, or anything under the sun? Message me via POWR form, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or message me via THE BEAUTY JUNKEE's Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.