Strip It at 10 + Youtube DIY Hair Waxing Tutorial
In 2011, I discovered a painless, affordable, easy-to-use, and natural hair removing product; I never looked back ever since. I have tried similar products, but I still find myself going back for Strip It!
My first encounter and review for Strip It, ca. 2011
It’s been ten years since Strip It launched to the public and has become one of the well- loved local online beauty brands. Oh did you know that Strip It! Started out as a thesis project for its founder, Arlette Alvarado? From being a humble school project, Strip It! Eventually turned into her passion and business.
As an avid user, why do I love thee, Strip It? Here are 10 reasons:
1. Strip It is made of all- natural ingredients and does more than removing hair as it contains Calamansi extracts that help lighten skin overtime.
2. Strip It can be used cold or hot; doesn’t matter how you use it - it will still be effective!
3. Strip It is very affordable and one tub can last for more than 6 months!
4. Strip It doesn’t leave any sticky residue and comes off easily with soap and water.
5. Strip It smells so delectable, like sugar candy!
6. Strip It has a chocolate variant! Need I say more?
7. Strip It’s waxing cloths are pretty sturdy and can last for more than 5 months, depending on care and frequency of usage.
8. Strip It has smaller versions that you can bring with you when traveling.
9. Strip It’s formula remains unchanged; it’s still the effective, DIY hair wax I’ve come to love in 2011!
10. Best of all, Strip It is proudly Filipino made!
How do you use Strip It? Here’s a guide:
1. Cleanse and dry up the area to be treated.
2. Apply baby powder on the area to be treated.
3. Using the provided spatula, apply Strip It against the direction of hair growth.
4. Press the waxing cloth on top of the wax. Rub the surface gently for 5 seconds.
5. Hold the edge of the cloth and pull downwards (or upwards as long as it’s against the direction of hair growth) using a swift motion and as close to the skin as possible.
6. You can wax a certain area up to two times.
7. Cleanse the waxed part with warm water and gentle soap
8. Apply Strip It! Aloe Vera gel after cleansing to combat redness, itch, and dryness
10. Do not apply deodorant, whitening creams, and peeling creams within 24 hours.
Check out the video version of my review plus a tutorial on how to use the product:
Happy 10th, Strip It!
For more information about the product and to purchase, please visit STRIP IT! On Facebook.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.