B. By Banila Co Collection Capsule Review + Video

B. By Banila Co Capsule Collection Review

PRICE: To be revealed within the post
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in Banila Co. boutiques

THE VERDICT:

I'm sure you now know about Banila Co's super cute revamp of their makeup range and I like it! It's cohesive, cute yet chic, and definitely catchy; the sleek, Pantone- inspired packaging and color scheme makes it so pleasing to look at that you end up wanting to own everything in the collection! The Koreans are really good at branding!

I received pieces from the revamped makeup range and we'll be talking about them in this blog post; there's also a first impression review at the end so you might want to watch that first because this blog post is the final verdict.



L-R: Eyecrush Shadow Palette (P975.00), single eyeshadows (P425.00/each), and Eyecrush Shimmer Foil (P745)

First, let's start with the eyes. We have here three types of eyeshadow: Eyecrush Shadow Palette, a quartet of eye shadow in matte and shimmer finishes, single eyeshadow in three finishes: Matte, Shimmer, Spangle Pigment (pigmented shimmer). Finally, Eyecrush Foil is a satin cream eyeshadow.

L-R:
1. Spangle Pigment in Sugar Sand- cool bronze with gold shimmer. A sheer bronze that can be swiped on the lids for an easy, fresh eyeshadow look.
2. Matte Eyeshadow in Nudey Beige- soft beige. A bit too light for my skin tone.
3. Shimmer Shadow in Goldish Tiara- white with gold flecks. This is a pretty highlighter for the inner corner of the eyes.

Eyecrush Shadow Palette in Pink Crush
4. Matte chocolate brown
5. Metallic rose
6. Golden peach
7. Soft pink

This palette is one of my favorites in the collection! The color combination is beautiful and the colors complement each other very well. The blushing metallic shades look beautiful on the lids, giving them a light wash of metallic color.

5. Eyecrush Shimmer Foil in RD01- pinkish red with metallic pink foil. This is a go- to of mine when I want a wearable pop of color on the lids. This cream eyeshadow seems to have a baked quality to it because it has a sheer texture yet good pigmentation. It's also pretty long- wearing even on non-primed lids.

L-R: Truetrick Brow Palette in 01 Sand (P945.00), Cheer Gradation Cheek in Pure Peach (P795.00), Cheer Water Tint in Girlish Red (P595.00)

Truetrick Brow Palette is your cheat sheet to getting the ombre effect for your brows easily; the pan is conveniently shaped into a brow and the order of powders correspond to each section of the brow. 

Cheer Gradation Cheek is a pretty blush! Reminds me of MAC's previous ombre blushes. The ombre design is not just there for cuteness; it actually serves a purpose: the darker shade is for a contouring effect and the lighter shade is for a blushing/highlighting effect.

Cheer Water Tint is a light, milky fluid that gives a faint wash of color on the cheeks.

L-R:

Truetrick Brow Palette in 01 Sand:
1. Dark brown (for the tip)
2. Light brown (for the middle)
3. Beige (for the edge)

The powders are too light for my skin tone, unfortunately; I could barely make them show up, plus they need to be dampened to deliver a punch of pigmentation. Texture and quality of the brow powder is good for those with barely there brows who want to define their brows naturally. I guess it's not for me because I like my brows with a bit of drama.

4. Cheer Gradation Cheek in Pure Peach- this one just looks light on the arm swatch, but it does deliver a cute peachy color on my cheeks. One of my faves in this collection too next to the eyeshadow palette. Needs to be retouched during wear though.

5. Cheer Water Tint in Girlish Red- A warm rose. This is a pretty watery tint; it delivers a watercolor-ish effect on the skin. Not for me too because it barely shows up on my skin tone, plus it doesn't last long.

L-R: Lipdraw Matte Serum Stick in Rosy Marsala (P645.00), Lipdraw Melting Serum Stick in Pink Falling (P645.00), Liplike Lip Slip in Scandal Coral (P745.00), Eyecrush Circle Volume Mascara in Circle Black (P745.00), Eyecrush Dual Fix Liner in Cherrywood (P745.00), Lipdraw Velvet Crayon in Pink Bella (P495.00)

L-R: Lipdraw Velvet Crayon in Pink Bella, Eyecrush Dual Fix Liner in Cherrywood, Lipdraw Melting Serum Stick in Pink Falling, Lipdraw Matte Serum Stick in Rosy Marsala, Liplike Lip Slip in Scandal Coral

As for the eyeliner, Cherry Wood is like a metallic burnt sienna shade; it comes with a waterproofing liquid on one end, which is dispensed through a precise, soft nylon brush. The thing really works! It took me a serious bath the next day to remove the eyeliner! I also tried it with my other eyeliners and the waterproofing liquid worked!

Eyecrush Circle Mascara comes with a swerving wand, which I find cool and useful in catching a handful of lashes and coating them effectively. I love the packaging of this product because it's in an unusual acrylic tube. So cool!

Let's put the products to the test!

Eyecrush Shadow Palette in Girl Crush + Cheer Gradation Cheek in Pure Peach on my cheeks

See how beautiful this eyeshadow palette is? Look at the colors; love how flattering the shades are on my skin tone. Pigmentation is light to medium and the texture is silky. The finish and quality are very newbie- friendly.

Bare Brow

With Truetrick Brow Powder

The shades don't quite match my natural brow color. On fairer skin tones, I think it will work.

Bare lashes

One coat of mascara

Two coats of mascara

Three coats of mascara

The mascara is more of lengthening than volumizing; it gives a medium definition. Not for you if you have sparse lashes like mine and are desiring volume. Also, best to stop at two coats because it has a tendency to clump. But props to its staying power; it's waterproof!

Rosy Marsala

Pretty peachy rose shade! This one is SERIOUSLY pigmented and rich! It has a moist matte texture and feels balmy on the lips; it doesn't dry out my lips, but tends to highlight dry patches so remember to exfoliate before usage. I love the color! Staying power is good.

Scandal Coral

Warm coral. Liplike Lipslip in Scandal Coral feels like a lip emulsion that sets into a soft matte, moisturizing liquid lipstick. I actually like the texture! Staying power is okay; needs to be retouched after a meal, but it keeps lips feeling plump with hydration the entire day!

Pink Falling

A warm brick pink. If you want a laid- back look, go for Lipdraw Melting Serum Stick because it is a pigmented glossy lipstick with just the right amount of shine.

Pink Bella

Salmon pink shade. I'm impressed at how super smooth and pigmented this lip crayon is, plus finish is soft, 98% matte. It has relatively good staying power too!

Overall, the products are great for everyday use and have a fairly easy to use quality; most of the products can be applied and blended easily, and even if you have little makeup knowledge; you can even use your fingers to apply most of them! Price is just on the steep side because Banila Co. is really an entry premium Korean beauty label so if you are going to ask for my recommendation, I suggest you check out/buy the following: Eyecrush Shadow Palette in Pink Crush, Eyecrush Shimmer Foil, Cheer Gradation Cheek, Eyecrush Dual Fix Eyeliner, and all the lipsticks because they have good quality!

Check out my first impression FB live video:


Have you tried this collection already? What are your thoughts? What are your favorites?

B. BY BANILA CO. MAKEUP COLLECTION RATING

Please visit BANILA CO. PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more details about these products.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I love this! Super ganda ng color selections huhu Plus, your look looks just as gorgeous as always. I love the eye look! Is it just me or their packaging reminds me of BLK? Maybe Banila Co is BLK's inspo hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I'd just like to ask, are their shimmers/glitters eco-friendly? I've been trying to work my way up the zero-waste lifestyle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine myself sporting rosy marsala love tue color on you.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)