Wet N Wild Makeup is back in the Philippines + Capsule Review

Wet 'N Wild Photofocus Natural Finish Spray, Photofocus Foundation, Megaglo Highlighter in Precious Petals, and Color Icon brow pencil.

PRICE: Foundation- P599; Setting Spray- P490; Highlighter- P499; Brow Pencil- P200+
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in leading department stores

THE VERDICT:

Oh yeah, baby! Wet 'N Wild is back in the Philippines! I got this exciting news in my last blog anniversary party where Wet 'N Wild Philippines gave out samples of their products; #TBJ9thMegaAnniversary was one of the platforms they used to announce their return to the Philippines!

I have here some of their best- sellers; I'm pretty stoked to try everything, most especially Megaglo Highlighter in Precious Petals!

I have here the following products: Color Icon Brow Pencil, Photofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray, Photofocus Foundation, and Megaglo Highlighter.

Megaglo Highlighter is so pretty! A+ for this pretty embossed flower on the compact! It gives the feel of expensive products like Tarte and Shiseido.

L-R: Brow pencil; foundation

Photofocus Foundation is one of the drugstore foundations that garnered praises from international vloggers; according to Wet N Wild, their formula has undergone testing under seven types of lighting conditions to ensure that it will look flawless, natural, and camera- ready anytime; features light adjusting complex to prevent white cast (need!).

The foundation comes with a spatula applicator; it's been a while since I saw this type of applicator in a foundation. The foundation has a light cream consistency; it's very spreadable and despite the sheer consistency, pigmentation is medium to heavy because it has a pretty high concentration of pigments, that's why I love using a small kabuki brush to buff this product.

Color Icon Brow Pencil has a soft, slightly creamy consistency; it comes with a spoolie on one end; brand claims that formula lasts the whole day.

Megaglo Highlighter is apparently Wet N Wild's number 1 highlighting powder; it promises a high shine finish with its silky, pigmented powder formula.

The most popular shade is Precious Petals, which I have. Powder is indeed silky and smooth, pigmentation is medium to heavy, and it's surprisingly not chalky!

Let's try the products:

Bare skin

One layer of Photofocus Finish Foundation

I'm actually impressed at the foundation's instant smoothing, skin- like finish; it's like my skin but better! It has also evened out my skin tone and concealed my post- acne marks impressively even without concealer nor corrector; however, the shade I have is too light for my skin tone though so I can't see the full effect on my skin.

I used my shade matching powder and bronzer to fix the tone of the foundation; good thing the consistency is sheer that the overall finish didn't feel heavy and thick even if I piled on the powder and bronzer to correct the tone.

The foundation can last the whole day if set properly and applied with primer; it doesn't have really good oil- controlling power. But I'm liking the skin- like finish and easy to use formula!

I used Natural Finish Setting Spray on the foundation. It has a lightly- perfumed scent, but I don't apply too much because it tends to sting a little if my eyes catch the mist. The spray has finishing spray- like properties, which is good because I could do away with a regular finishing spray whenever I use this. As a setting spray, it keeps my makeup fresh for about three hours before my face starts to oil up; overall, it has average oil- control properties; great for you if you have normal or dry skin.

Bare brow

With Color Icon brow pencil

The shade I have is Blonde Moment, the lightest shade; it's a light brown shade with a yellow undertone; it's a bit yellow for me and I find the texture a bit creamy and it clings onto my brow strands; Wet N Wild's website said a lot of makeup artists love this for its quality and price, but I guess it's not for me and my slightly dense brows. It lasts long though!

Megaglo Highlighter in Precious Petals

Precious Petals is Wet N Wild's most popular Megaglo highlighter shade that highly raved by beauty vloggers; it has a peachy champagne shade that looks good on almost all skin tones. Megaglo, as the name implies, imparts a mega glow, but you can control it in your application. The sheer texture prevents it from looking as if it's just sitting on top of the skin. This highlighter is great if you want that blinding highlight, much like the glow that Anastasia Glow Kit gives.

Among all the products, I'd highly recommend Precious Petals Megaglo Highlighter because of the quality; also the Photofocus Foundation because the quality is good--I just had to get the right shade to fully enjoy it. I'm excited to check out the rest of Wet N Wild's products!

P.S. Wet N Wild is cruelty- free too!

WET N WILD PRODUCTS RATING

Please visit WET N WILD PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. The coverage and smoothing effect of the foundation is just wow. Though you have very good skin to begin with. :) And the highlighter looks posh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reviewing this Ms Martha. I like the foundation, grabe, it covers my blemishes and uneven skin tone. Napa-wow ako.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)